Post your gigs.

shabbagaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Know it isn’t a gig thing but what’s people’s take on Kasabien and what’s happened?

Been a weird 24 hours as the initial statements seemed to gather quite a lot of people supporting their and Toms actions yet today’s news kind of casts it in a different light and if they did all know this was coming out today it feels a bit of a PR disaster that they didn’t say anything else or manage it differently (guess with him appearing in court maybe they couldn’t say anything yesterday publicly). Not really one of their fans but know they were due to perform some big hometown gigs this summer. Not sure where they can go from here.

The statement yesterday misled a number of people, including myself. We were lead to believe it was mental health problems due to the wording of the statement yet we were all left embarrassed when the real reason came out today.
Not much they could say/do until the conclusion of the trial but IMO they should have just left it yesterday and left the statements until today.

It's hard to say what the future holds now - a lot of people think there's no way forward as the band is 'nothing without Tom' but IMO they should give 'carrying on' a chance, whether its with Serge as the frontman or someone else.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Cant believe he only got community service.

Also I didnt realise they were still going until the statement

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Maybe they didn't actually know (he was going to plead, I believe, Not Guilty) before the trial the full situation until he pleaded guilty after the video came to light.

Must be an awful situation to be in when a childhood friend of around 25 years+ has to be removed from your life.

Interesting that the lady concerned didn't want to press charges. I wonder why?

I would guess that his career is all but over although the band themselves can carry on with a new singer.

Saying that though, the wording that he had "left" the band rather than being "sacked" from the band does potentially leave the door open for a return further down the line.

Icons like Lennon beat up his wife (Cynthia) as well as other girlfriends yet he is still revered.

Funny old world.

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
Maybe they didn't actually know (he was going to plead, I believe, Not Guilty) before the trial the full situation until he pleaded guilty after the video came to light.

Must be an awful situation to be in when a childhood friend of around 25 years+ has to be removed from your life.

Interesting that the lady concerned didn't want to press charges. I wonder why?

I would guess that his career is all but over although the band themselves can carry on with a new singer.

Saying that though, the wording that he had "left" the band rather than being "sacked" from the band does potentially leave the door open for a return further down the line.

Icons like Lennon beat up his wife (Cynthia) as well as other girlfriends yet he is still revered.

Funny old world.
Jack - The Damned referred to the press's infatuation with Lennon despite his wife beating flaws in their song 'would you be so hot (if you weren't dead?)', check out the lyrics.

northender2

Manager
Deaf Institute and Gorilla in manchester bite the dust

i remember years ago a mate dragging me to the deaf institute to watch some random band he'd been raving about for ages but id never heard any of their stuff, that band was the Black Keys, a couple of years later they were massive and playing arenas and festivals all over the world
always a shame to see the smaller venue disappear, all the top bands have started out in these smaller venues, just hope someone will save them and reopen them when all this is over

northender2

Manager

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
So one of our festivals over Burton Bradstock that was cancelled in May but rescheduled to August have emailed to say they’ve been granted a licence for a fortnights time. Pretty amazed they have pulled it off but kudos to them. Our tickets had switched anyway so even though it won’t be the same, we were going camping nearby anyway so it’s now switched to a sit down festival for the weekend. (Which I mostly did at this festival anyway so even better that it’s now encouraged)

Scrubdog

Manager
I have come to realise how fucking empty my life is without live music!!! I love sport, films, social craic with mates etc, but nothing comes close to the excitement of seeing a live band. Maybe 'thend away in a local derby victory followed by a mammoth piss up, but as we all know, they are few and far between.

Every day I wake up with fuck all to look forward to. I know, get the violins out etc and appreciate that people are suffering more serious issues.

Just makes you realise what you take for granted.

It can't be long now can it?

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
So despite yesterday’s announcements next weekends festival still seems to be going ahead. Visited the place today and they were working on final stuff, be different admittedly as you have to use chairs (fucking result frankly), bars are split so you have to use specific ones along with toilets and camping areas but most of the original line up are happy to play(unsurprising given they are mostly regional small bands). Looking forward to it at least

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
Just got tickets for the doves and will get them for marc almond
I’ve got about a grands worth of tickets now just waiting and hoping for when it’s safe to watch. Here’s hoping

Scrubdog

Manager
Bagged tix for Fontaines in Berlin and Doves at the Barras in Glasgow. Hope this virus fucks off for next year otherwise it's even more carnage for the music industry!

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Festival at Burton Bradstock still going ahead. Mixed lineup as usual but mostly smaller bands from South West and London/Norfolk way this time. Seen a couple before and also side hopes that Beans On Toast may play as he seems to be picking up some stuff and played a few times. Sitting in the sunshine with a beer though finally.
1596787810067.png

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
B36355C3-6A68-465E-B8E7-0EE31C461745.jpeg
Weird parallels. The Church of Ciderology is open for business and I’m sat in the sun ata festival and at the same time I’m seeing my family going back into lockdown. All living under the same overriding rules and guidance ultimately. Utterly baffling