Post your gigs.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Off to see Billy Bragg tomorrow night @ Southend. Always a good night.

You can usually tell you’re in for some words of wisdom when he puts his guitar down!

Enjoyed his Belfast show the other week but I wish he‘d stop slagging off Morrissey (however much he may deserve it!).

Saw These Charming Men at The Empire on Saturday; basically a packed crowd singing along to every word from a tribute act for two hours.

Saw The Charlatans on Monday, who weren’t bad tbf, but they only have about half a dozen proper numbers despite being around for a good 25 years longer than The Smiths.

However, I can’t deny the genius in calling your best song ‘The Only One I Know’, especially as it was one of their first ones.

Prophetic indeed and certainly apposite in the case of the lady stood in front of me.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
You can usually tell you’re in for some words of wisdom when he puts his guitar down!

Enjoyed his Belfast show the other week but I wish he‘d stop slagging off Morrissey (however much he may deserve it!).

Saw These Charming Men at The Empire on Saturday; basically a packed crowd singing along to every word from a tribute act for two hours.

Saw The Charlatans on Monday, who weren’t bad tbf, but they only have about half a dozen proper numbers despite being around for a good 25 years longer than The Smiths.

However, I can’t deny the genius in calling your best song ‘The Only One I Know’, especially as it was one of their first ones.

Prophetic indeed and certainly apposite in the case of the lady stood in front of me.
The last time I saw him was the night that Trump got elected. Bill was playing a gig at the Union Chapel with Joe Henry. The words of wisdom were certainly proven to be prophetic!

Strikingly, Bill hasn't sold out the Cliffs tomorrow. I only bought the tickets this morning and there were literally hundreds still available. When we saw Rufus Wainwright there a couple of weeks back, it was also not a sell out. I suspect there's still a hesitancy to commit to going to gigs whilst things are still so uncertain everywhere

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Rob Beckett has just postponed this Saturday’s gig at the Waterfront. There were loads and loads of tickets left when I last looked.

This may be because of Covid fall-out or because he’s just the sort of (authentic!) mouthy Essex type that doesn’t go down well in NI.

Quite pleased actually as I had four tickets and am going to be in Dublin for the rugby instead.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Heaton and The Proclaimers will be excellent.

James are legends but I still feel a bit cheated about going to what I think was supposed to be their last gig - years ago!

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron

Morrissey got a short, dishonourable, mention, but nothing too harsh (and the fool does deserve it). Bill was on good form though. The setlist from last night was pretty much the same as Belfast but with the "Essex anthem" inserted - "A13, Trunkroad to the Sea"....it went down a storm of course!