PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Post your gigs.

I hate The Eagles with a passion, always have done, but mainly because of an incident in 1978. I was in my last year at school and we got certain privileges. One being a rest room that had, amongst other 'mod cons', a record player. Some of the kids took in their favourite LP and gave it a spin. Gary Altham took in 'Hotel California' an album by a band I thought were shit. Being young and naive, possibly even stupid, I gave him the benefit of my thoughts.
Even though he was a lot bigger than me, I didn't envisage any bother from a fan of The Eagles, after all, I was a fan of Punk Rock. Not for the first or last time I had made a major miscalculation. He punched me hard in the mush, splitting my lip and drawing blood, I had to drink out of a straw for a couple of days afterwards.
So, you can see why I hate The Eagles, although I'm a bit more diplomatic these days. 😒🙄
Blimey, bet that was the Last Resort.

I hate The Eagles with a passion, always have done, but mainly because of an incident in 1978. I was in my last year at school and we got certain privileges. One being a rest room that had, amongst other 'mod cons', a record player. Some of the kids took in their favourite LP and gave it a spin. Gary Altham took in 'Hotel California' an album by a band I thought were shit. Being young and naive, possibly even stupid, I gave him the benefit of my thoughts.
Even though he was a lot bigger than me, I didn't envisage any bother from a fan of The Eagles, after all, I was a fan of Punk Rock. Not for the first or last time I had made a major miscalculation. He punched me hard in the mush, splitting my lip and drawing blood, I had to drink out of a straw for a couple of days afterwards.
So, you can see why I hate The Eagles, although I'm a bit more diplomatic these days. 😒🙄
You didn’t go to Tommy Mores did you?

Daltrey at Apollo, July 9th, Manchester. in Manchester for me plus hopefully The Damned in November.
Still awaiting rescheduled 999 gig in Lancaster as well.

I have to admit, I knew Nile Rogers work with Chic but the range of other songs he's credited with really threw me. Listening to him play though, I completely believe it now. You'll love his gig I'm sure.

The Darkness were much heavier than I expected, based on Thing Called Love, but I really enjoyed them.
You're not wrong mate. When he starts knocking out the the non Chic tunes he's either written or produced over the years you're left with the impression he completely owned the 80's. To some degree the 90's and beyond. Phenomenal career.

New Lip in Town

Do you know where he lives now? If so we’ll go round and sort this out, albeit slightly belatedly
Never seen him since 1979, when I left school. I don't think he lives round here now. If he did, and assuming we're opening batsmen going out to face a hostile attack armed with the new ball, I'd let you take the strike. 😄😁

Never seen him since 1979, when I left school. I don't think he lives round here now. If he did, and assuming we're opening batsmen going out to face a hostile attack armed with the new ball, I'd let you take the strike. 😄😁
Don’t worry, I’ve known plenty of them in my time😂