PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Prediction League Threads

Muzza

Patron
Just a question, and see what others think, but I personally wouldn't mind it if Prediction League threads went straight into the Prediction League subforum, rather than it just being an 'archive' area. If everyone involved in them knew they were there it wouldn't be an issue for them either? Cheers, Muzza

We were attempting to see if something different worked so that the Threads could live on the main forum and hopefully generate more interest. Not sure I understand the bit about the archives? Only after a game will they move there. Currently all the pred League threads are held in the main PNE Discussions but there is a dedicated sub-forum to this years League

1658920200986.png

As I say we were playing with the format but we can return to the old style if it's not working, just checking I haven't misunderstood

I think it works fine. All the threads are in one place, i.e. the prediction league sub forum as well as the PNE discussions forum, the next match will always be a sticky.

You’ll see as the season unfolds that it isn’t really going to be any different from previous seasons except you can see all the upcoming threads in both forums.

And that's what I mean, there's like 4 or 5 Prediction threads in the PNE Discussions main forum. If they don't appear in there (except maybe the sticky one for the next match) then it will be a bit cleaner, and anyone who is involved in them will know where they are if they want to make a prediction.

It really couldn’t be simpler for posting predictions. All this seasons matches will be in the prediction league 22-23 and pne discussions with the next match being a sticky. If anyone is having a problem using them, send me a PM.
As the season moves on, old prediction threads will quickly disappear down the order.

I don't mean it isn't simple, I mean why clutter up the main PNE Discussions thread with 4 or 5 prediction threads when there is another place for them.

Because it’s not how it was set up, the threads in the PL sub forum and those in the main PNE discussions are one in the same but visible in two places.
As I said, as the season moves on the old prediction threads will quickly fall down the rankings and be out of sight. As @jakehake said, it’s a trial. Leave it a couple of months then we’ll see.

A quick look at the numbers and we’ve generated the biggest cash league and also the first game looked to have close to a record number of entries for the first game so it’s a start.

I think the difference is that when they are all created they jump to the top of the main forum so we can maybe see about tweaking and keeping some future games in archive but we’ll think about it as LiS says. It’s been a good start and people have engaged

It looks more cluttered than usual because I did a few prediction threads at once to start the season. From now on there’ll only be one new one after each game so it will get better.
Let’s see in a few weeks time.