PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Preston Market Development

Without realising the irony that it’s Tory party policy causing the uncertainty in all sectors at the moment. The same happened with the Ikea development - in a Tory area.

The truth is councils (of all persuasions) are bearing the brunt of central government decision making.
Having done a bit of digging, something our tory friend is incapable of, it appears, from an insider, that all is in place and ready to go. Detail isnt in the public domain yet but will be released in due course.

Pretty normal with multi million pound contracts.

I hope you're right. But I'll believe it when it's actually happening. There was nothing like this when the market canopy was being redeveloped, it was simply done as was the bus station bar a slight change in design.

I haven't made this political at all but please don't think Cuerden was anything more than a Labour LCC fuck up that was buried until after they lost power. The officer who made a mess of everything was employed by Labour and quit under Labour to go and work for..... the people who own the land that is, or was, being developed on. IKEA pulled out when they realised they were being asked to put more money into the scheme than originally agreed and there was nothing anyone could do in to stop them. Once again Lancashire pays for a Labour mess.

As for Gale I've been able to see his FB and Twitter comments until very recently. Both him and Rawlinson have been blocking folk left, right and centre inc former PCC councillors who are questioning Rawlinson's comments. They clearly realised Rawlinson has fucked up majorly and are desperately trying to backtrack.

So it wasnt because you made a nob of yourself at Port Vale, a few years back and if it wasnt for a female forum member hed have given you a good slap?

Maybe we should look at what Mr Rawlinson actually did say as opposed to what you want to believe he said eh?

"Investment (in place or on its way)" Preston Model.
51184445_1993439287626570_7233917428428701696_n.jpg

Old post office £15 million?

That’s a private hotel venture isn’t it?

So the Shankly hotel will bring £15million into the city?

How?

So the Shankly hotel will bring £15million into the city?

How?
I think what it suggests is that the redevelopment has cost £15m. Obvs I'm not living there anymore but I'd assume that there was some degree of local firms involved in the redevelopment and also whatever they paid the council to let the building

My point of view is that I don't think it's unfair that people are asking questions about it. I think there should've been more openness from the start as I was led to believe everything was 'rubber stamped'.

My point of view is that I don't think it's unfair that people are asking questions about it. I think there should've been more openness from the start as I was led to believe everything was 'rubber stamped'.
Id say that like in any business deal only generalised answers can really be given, client confidentiality etc.

As I said earlier, and from a very good source, taht theyre VERY confident that all is in place and a lot of detail, that isnt yet in the public eye, will soon be released.

Looking forward to seeing the market area when its finished.

Hopefully some more decent business/ restaurants move into Market Street, that old furniture shop has been empty for years.

Hopefully some more decent business/ restaurants move into Market Street, that old furniture shop has been empty for years.
Wasn't that an ex north end player who owned it, but did a bunk?

Wasn't that an ex north end player who owned it, but did a bunk?

No idea to be honest, there's a tattoo parlour there as well which looks like its closed down too.

Only place I go to on that strip of shops is Wok2Eat, it's just pot luck if that chippy is ever open and i've no need for afro products.

Not good.

There are several cinemas knocking about, I always thought it was an odd place to build one to be honest.

I'd go for an ice rink :)

I would suggest a music venue similar to Manchester Ritz at 1500 capacity.

We have The Ferret (180), The Conti (around 300) then the Guild Hall (500 Foyer and 2000 Main Hall).

Shocking for a supposed "City".

I would suggest a music venue similar to Manchester Ritz at 1500 capacity.

We have The Ferret (180), The Conti (around 300) then the Guild Hall (500 Foyer and 2000 Main Hall).

Shocking for a supposed "City".
A venue that could open out onto the market with stage, big screen etc would be decent!!

Maybe we should look at what Mr Rawlinson actually did say as opposed to what you want to believe he said eh?

"Investment (in place or on its way)" Preston Model.
51184445_1993439287626570_7233917428428701696_n.jpg

Dimwit Gale cannot spell the word "parties". Then you have the word "decision" (sic).

This is the type of buffoon at the helm!!

I simply cannot trust a person who cannot even grasp simple spellings.

Was a great furniture shop. Hills, was it? I was led to believe that it closed due to the inside of the building not being safe. You would understand what I mean if you ever went in it.

This area definitely needs to be upgraded at the same time as the new market cinema complex is being built or it will spoil the whole of the good work that is being done

Further Blog Preston article shows Cinema complex will be completed a year behind schedule and talks with the cinema company are still ongoing.

Cllrs Rawlinson and Gale have resorted to blocking people asking why this hasn't already been signed and sealed and what Rawlinson meant by the project still needing an 'investor' and a 'developer'.

Drew blocking you has bugger all to do with this, he's had you blocked for years after you yelled abuse at him in a pub in Port Vale when he'd come along for the evening with me, my hubby and his wife.

Drew blocking you has bugger all to do with this, he's had you blocked for years after you yelled abuse at him in a pub in Port Vale when he'd come along for the evening with me, my hubby and his wife.
OUCH!!!!!!