PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Preston North End v Sheffield United - 17/09/22 - KO:15:00

According to stats on Sky our shooting accuracy was 16%
Sheff Utd shooting accuracy was 40%.
That is the problem. I have been banging on about it for years but in warm up as well as in matches we can not hit a barn door. A footballer should be hitting the target with 6/8 shots in every ten even if the goalkeeper makes a save at least get it on target. I think Sheff Utd were woeful at 40% but us 16%!!!!!
Are our trainers qualified? What are they doing in training unless it is learning how to stick that ball in the net under extreme conditions?
Are we a team of Dianna Ross impersonators? be more use if we were cos I'm sure we don't have footballers out there. 16%.............

Oh, and shots in the box compared with Sheff Utd..... deplorable. Need to practice drills like Burnley around the edge of the box to find a way in there. Goodness, does Mr Lowe want me to do his job for him. Look around you man and look how successful teams operate and demand it from our players , If they can't do what you demand get rid. You only did half a job in summer... sort the rest out in January.

Potts isn't a wing back.
He'd be better-off being played a bit further up the pitch, in the 'traditional' Wing Half position. Then he'd have more chances to get on the end of Brady's left-foot whipped-over crosses- some more of them like at Luton , for example.
But Brad would need someone else trying to get there along with him: as a rule one guy isn't enough to receive any long high crossfield balls unless they're a Premier League player, and even so, 2's better than 1.

Browne is probably our best option at RWB and can't understand why RL hasn't used him there, its not as though Potts is playing a blinder every game, other than his spectacular goal at Luton he's not created very much else. 🤔

As much as Potts isn't a RWB neither is Browne.

Not a great choice out of the 2 of them granted but I'd go for Potts. Browne is much more effective in midfield for me.

As much as Potts isn't a RWB neither is Browne.

Not a great choice out of the 2 of them granted but I'd go for Potts. Browne is much more effective in midfield for me.
Other than the spectacular goal at Luton cannot really recall very much else he has contributed, last three home games has offered very little.
Browne is being used as a RWB with ROI so why not give him a go, we seem to have a plethera of CM players? 😊

Other than the spectacular goal at Luton cannot really recall very much else he has contributed, last three home games has offered very little.
Browne is being used as a RWB with ROI so why not give him a go, we seem to have a plethera of CM players? 😊
Agree on this. At tis moment , with the CM's we have at our disposal, Browne does not start for me. He is technically behind others vying for those positions at this level & is better suited to the game being played in front of him. Whilst the club choses not to employ a RB/RWB it surely makes sense to try him in a position where he is selected for his country. Potts has been solid enough but is not going to go past players , as is demanded of a RWB in this system .
Overall, on Saturday, for the first 40 minutes, if you'd have asked a neutral who was top of the league. They would have said us. We dominated without that cutting edge & two mistakes caused by overplaying handed the Blades their victory. Fine margins but they were more clinical than us & it is obvious where our problems lie. It's time to give Parrot a rest as his body language tells us he is a lad devoid of confidence. I'd bring back Maguire. I expect many groans, but I'd reintroduce him not for his goal scoring exploits. But due to the fact, that of all our "striker" options he seems to get the best out of Riis. This seems to be our best hope until if/when we address the situation in the January window