PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Preston North End v Sheffield United - 17/09/22 - KO:15:00

Listen, no offence meant to you, but nobody is perfect, but for the love of god, can we not start to get on the back of Woodman. He has been a great aquisition by the club, and let's face it, we haven't had many great aquisitions made over the last 10 - 15 years in all honesty. 🕊️
Pointing out 2 or 3 errors is hardly "getting on his back".

How soon people are getting on the sack the manager bandwagon yet again!
Sheff utd have spent millions, we cant afford a few mill for Archer. We footballed S.U. to death yesterday but couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo!!!
Hemmings billionaire money hoarders out!! Would rather be struggling where we were giving it everything than a rich blokes casual half interested hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And will people give up with this fantasy of playing Brady down the right , he doesn’t have a right foot !
Just a reminder ... Pep currently plays either Mahrez or Foden on the right... and they are both left footers !
It can work ... but RL has never started Brady there. IMO, the obvious choice is Browne - but our selfish captain doesn’t like playing there ... despite excelling for ROI in that position. RL ... YOU make the decisions .. get it sorted !

Just a reminder ... Pep currently plays either Mahrez or Foden on the right... and they are both left footers !
It can work ... but RL has never started Brady there. IMO, the obvious choice is Browne - but our selfish captain doesn’t like playing there ... despite excelling for ROI in that position. RL ... YOU make the decisions .. get it sorted !
Pep plays two world class players as right wingers (not RWB) so that means we can play a 31 year old with no pace or right foot there

That might be one of your stupidest posts, and that’s saying something

Still peddling the selfish Browne narrative with no basis? At least you’ve branched out from every post being about Potts

How many players in the striking department did we let go last season?
None. My point is that the letting go of so many players throughout the squad should have made room for an extra striker or strikers. But that assumes a decent level of commitment from the owners.
Also it seems that Emil has been demoralised by the Club appearing willing to sell him coinciding with him being left out of the team and the quality of attacking play around him will not help his confidence.

Honestly, if we were making proper chances for him, I'd be confident that Riis would score goals. He's quick, strong and can finish with both feet.

Fact is, we're making fuck all for him, even with Parrott spending half the match coming deep.
A good forward can make chances himself. Riis either can't or won't. He doesn't have the vision or appetite. After last season the opposition have sussed hin out an know what to expect. His control is absolutely abysmal even when not under pressure. Yet to some fans he can do no wrong. It summed it up today when having miscontrolled the ball (again ) near the half way line a bloke near me said "at least he was there to miscontrol it". Enough said

A good forward can make chances himself. Riis either can't or won't. He doesn't have the vision or appetite. After last season the opposition have sussed hin out an know what to expect. His control is absolutely abysmal even when not under pressure. Yet to some fans he can do no wrong. It summed it up today when having miscontrolled the ball (again ) near the half way line a bloke near me said "at least he was there to miscontrol it". Enough said

I'll be eagerly awaiting Ched and Seani making chances for themselves then FFS!

Pep plays two world class players as right wingers (not RWB) so that means we can play a 31 year old with no pace or right foot there

That might be one of your stupidest posts, and that’s saying something

Still peddling the selfish Browne narrative with no basis? At least you’ve branched out from every post being about Potts
Browne made that statement to the LEP reporter about 2 weeks ago. His OWN words !

And for those wondering who the other record-breaking team was (they scored 2 in their 11th game that season - can we match them?):

Jesus Christ, I wasn’t worried about a relegation battle but I’ve looked at the table and I struggle to see 3 worse teams. Birmingham, Reading and Rotherham all look better than us at present.

Ryan Lowe sides consistently scored goals up until this point.

That tells me he doesn’t have the players he needs, that is a gross negligence of the powers above him, simple as that.

Browne made that statement to the LEP reporter about 2 weeks ago. His OWN words !
OB1 “ still peddling the selfish Alan Browne with no basis”....
I have checked the LEP article which I mentioned .. it was published on 17 August with the headline “ PNE midfielder Alan Browne explains his position on playing right wing back . Sandells wrote ...He is not looking to make a permanent change.. Browne stated “ I want to play in midfield predominantly - I want to start games in midfield “
You can read the full article yourself... also, if any doubt , contact Tom Sandells yourself !
No need to apologise... you don’t seem the type who would admit their mistake.

OB1 “ still peddling the selfish Alan Browne with no basis”....
I have checked the LEP article which I mentioned .. it was published on 17 August with the headline “ PNE midfielder Alan Browne explains his position on playing right wing back . Sandells wrote ...He is not looking to make a permanent change.. Browne stated “ I want to play in midfield predominantly - I want to start games in midfield “
You can read the full article yourself... also, if any doubt , contact Tom Sandells yourself !
No need to apologise... you don’t seem the type who would admit their mistake.
It's the "despite excelling for ROI in that position" part that looks like bullshit to me.

I researched it at the time, he only played there in a couple of games for Ireland, and in at least one of them he did nothing much.

Reactions: OB1
And will people give up with this fantasy of playing Brady down the right , he doesn’t have a right foot !
We looked worse when Brady came on, has no pace, yes is composed on the ball, but requires too much time, can't go past his man and puts over crosses from far to deep that our forwards never look like getting on the end of. 🤔