PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Preston North End v Sheffield United - 17/09/22 - KO:15:00

OB1 “ still peddling the selfish Alan Browne with no basis”....
I have checked the LEP article which I mentioned .. it was published on 17 August with the headline “ PNE midfielder Alan Browne explains his position on playing right wing back . Sandells wrote ...He is not looking to make a permanent change.. Browne stated “ I want to play in midfield predominantly - I want to start games in midfield “
You can read the full article yourself... also, if any doubt , contact Tom Sandells yourself !
No need to apologise... you don’t seem the type who would admit their mistake.
I fail to see how a midfielder saying he wants to play in midfield makes him “selfish”?

Unless you’ve got inside information that he refuses to play RWB ever (despite moving there several times this season) then as per usual, you’re chatting bollocks

And @Thracia has just made the other half of my point for me

Just a reminder ... Pep currently plays either Mahrez or Foden on the right... and they are both left footers !
It can work ... but RL has never started Brady there. IMO, the obvious choice is Browne - but our selfish captain doesn’t like playing there ... despite excelling for ROI in that position. RL ... YOU make the decisions .. get it sorted !
Browne is probably our best option at RWB and can't understand why RL hasn't used him there, its not as though Potts is playing a blinder every game, other than his spectacular goal at Luton he's not created very much else. 🤔

Under the circumstances, if Browne is being asked/told/ is his best chance for ROI caps is RWB you would think he would want/ be asking Lowe/insisting he should be playing there for PNE.

David Buchanan & Jonathan Breeze
I've just watched the highlights and it wasn't Buchanan, that's why I asked. I think the same fella did the Bumley match. He didn't appear to have a Northern accent.

OB1 “ still peddling the selfish Alan Browne with no basis”....
I have checked the LEP article which I mentioned .. it was published on 17 August with the headline “ PNE midfielder Alan Browne explains his position on playing right wing back . Sandells wrote ...He is not looking to make a permanent change.. Browne stated “ I want to play in midfield predominantly - I want to start games in midfield “
You can read the full article yourself... also, if any doubt , contact Tom Sandells yourself !
No need to apologise... you don’t seem the type who would admit their mistake.

He’s a midfielder of course he wants to start games in midfield. He also said ‘I don’t mind starting games at right wing back’ and he didn’t mention anything about refusing to play there. So you can shove your agenda driven bull shit up your ass.

Reactions: OB1
Yesterday it was Andy Fensome.
I watched the first half with SUTV commentary.
Up to that point their opinion was that we were the best team they’d played all season but without a goal scoring threat.
They made the very good point on the negative impact on the players/fans of going in at half time having virtually outplayed the top of the league but being 1-0 down.
I don’t know who their summariser was but he was very good.

I watched the first half with SUTV commentary.
Up to that point their opinion was that we were the best team they’d played all season but without a goal scoring threat.
They made the very good point on the negative impact on the players/fans of going in at half time having virtually outplayed the top of the league but being 1-0 down.
I don’t know who their summariser was but he was very good.
According to the SUFC website, their commentators were Matt Young and Kevin Gage.