PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Preston North End v Swansea City - 01/11/22 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he had a good game tonight but should not have been anywhere near the team judging on his recent performances. It seems he gets preferential opportunities above other squad members.

Like who? I'm not a huge fan of Whiteman but there isn't anybody who can do his job in the team.

I mean according to some he doesn't rate Mccan yet Mccan has started 13 games this season and his 'scouse mate' Ledson only 7.

Yet when Ledson starts on Friday people will refer to the fact he only starts because he is Lowe's 'scouse mate.'

Particularly good performance 1st half last night and we deserved to go into the break leading.
2nd half we did well to keep them out with the help of a top notch stoppage time save from Woodman. Would have liked to have seen us be more of a threat on the break
Not too upset we were under the cosh in the latter stages because you expect that when up against a top 6 team. Swansea were always likely to go down fighting.

what's the email bud?
Hi bud - just letting you know they refunded me just now - email is ifollow@efl.com. I had spent 30 mins on phone to my bank earlier with a view to doing a chargeback for the two payments, which my bank approved on the basis of my not receiving the service I’d paid for, as well as them knowingly taking the monies despite the vpn being active and whilst knowing they weren’t going to provide the goods I was paying for, but bank couldn’t process it until the payments went from ‘pending’ on my online banking.

To be fair to the lad who replied from ifollow, they were fair once I outlined everything - he just wrote this at the end:

“Please do not use VPN software when accessing our service in the future as this is not permitted under our terms and conditions and will cause access problems. Further refunds will not be provided if the use of this software is detected on your account again.”

Hope this helps

I agree his distribution is better than Iversen.

If Woodman continues this form then he is certainly worth the comparison to Iversen.
Nah, not for me. I like Woodman though.

Why is he not worth the comparison now. His form isn't just a flash in the pan. He also got the golden glove at Swansea.

Iverson was a quality shot stopper and he regularly pulled off worldies. But he did have limitations.

His command of the area wasn't great and his kicking was pretty averages.

Iverson was constantly making save after save but that because of the partnership between him and the defence. Woodman has a much better relationship with Lindsay, Hughes and Storey than Iverson ever did with any defenders he played with.

Doyler, you disagree that Woodman is a better all rounder. Iverson was great at shot stopping but what else was he better at than Woodman?

A good keeper coach is also a very good defensive coach. Defensively this side has been remarkable this season so something is definitely happening in the background. Who, including myself, would ever have expected the performances were getting from Lindsay and Storey?

Said it for ages I didn’t think Iversen was actually all that.

Don’t get me wrong he made some good camera saves but actual commanding of area, distribution and all round confidence he gave the rest of the backline? Not even close to Woodman.

Not sure Woodmans particularly good at commanding his area. Conceded a fair few chances with his refusal to come and claim a ball in and the defenders having to do a messy clearance

But neither was Iversen. Both great shot stoppers but Woodman is miles ahead in distribution

Iversen's main issue was balls over the top, so hesitant to come and clear. Woodman is far better in that regard.

Iversen was a Genuinely brilliant shot-stopper though, far better than Woodman who has let a few in that Iversen almost definitely saves.

Dont see much difference in dealing with crosses, Iversen probably came for more but liked to punch. Woodman generally catches but comes for a bit less. Both pretty good in this regard

Both are very good players.

Looking at clean sheets doesn’t tell us a lot as that implies that the keeper has all or most of the influence over that which is not the case. Clearly we are stronger defensively this year for whatever reason.

Woodman is precisely what I expected based on his previous record, possibly even better. He has a previous record as a championship top 6 team keeper and you can see why.

Iversen is capable of the same top saves as Woodman pulled off last night and probably did it in most games. Woodman arguably better in some other aspects - let’s see how the shot stopping holds up!

Would you complain if we swapped one for the other? I can’t really split them.

Also interesting that they are pretty much the same age - I thought iversen was younger.

Both are very good players.

Looking at clean sheets doesn’t tell us a lot as that implies that the keeper has all or most of the influence over that which is not the case. Clearly we are stronger defensively this year for whatever reason.

Woodman is precisely what I expected based on his previous record, possibly even better. He has a previous record as a championship top 6 team keeper and you can see why.

Iversen is capable of the same top saves as Woodman pulled off last night and probably did it in most games. Woodman arguably better in some other aspects - let’s see how the shot stopping holds up!

Would you complain if we swapped one for the other? I can’t really split them.

Also interesting that they are pretty much the same age - I thought iversen was younger.
Woodman gives his back line the same assurance and confidence that Carlo Nash did through being vocal, quick off his line, and being very reliable in pretty much all aspects.

Organisation starts with the keeper and I don't think Iversen offered much outside his six yard box. Best shot stopper I've seen, but that's like someone being the best finisher I've ever seen but not having great movement in the box.

Why is he not worth the comparison now. His form isn't just a flash in the pan. He also got the golden glove at Swansea.

Doyler, you disagree that Woodman is a better all rounder. Iverson was great at shot stopping but what else was he better at than Woodman?
He's definitely worth comparison. Good goalkeeper. Just, in my opinion, not as good as the Great Dane.

Shot stopping (long range and close range) for me he beats Woodman, and ultimately that's the most important thing.

Catching. I've said this before - I don't mind it too much the fact that Woodman hardly ever catches the ball, because his punches are generally good. But you only have to look at Blackpool (H) last season - Iverson was 17 yards off his goal line claiming balls over the heads of massive centre halves. Relieves pressure.

He's stronger than Woodman, too. Not as easy knocked about in the box.

But if you'd have said to me you can have Freddie Woodman on a three-year deal, or Iverson on loan, I'd have gone for the former. His kicking in particular is different class.

Iversen can't get a look in at Leicester over the calamity that is Danny Fucking Ward.

Good keeper but if you're not getting in over him then clearly there are some serious issues with your game.

Why does Woodman being good mean that Iversen is bad all of a sudden? He was imperious when he was here - some of the saves he made guaranteed us wins and prevented losses. Class keeper.

I don't think anyone is saying that Iverson is bad. He was a quality keeper for us but I just feel Woodman adds that extra bit of quality at kicking and commanding his area which makes us a better defensive unit.

Woodman has been fantastic but he
sometimes punches when he could catch

One last night in the 2nd half in particular
That one was weird because it was just with a single hand, also it's never a good thing to punch it towards a middle area instead of the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.