PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Preston North End v Swansea City - 01/11/22 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were quite a few positives from last night; not least the result of course but I don’t think we can progress in this league by inviting the amount of pressure we did in the second half.
I think after this time in the season that it's a deliberate tactic by Lowe in utilising the players & their 'skill-sets' - that he has. In other words accepting that that's what we have , and setting up the squad/ first eleven accordingly. Sitting back on only a 1 goal advantage is a risk, sure, but is it a greater risk to try to double the advantage ? Perhaps RL thinks it is, because his ( & mine ! ) ideal team is about what, three flipping seasons away , at the current rate of investment/ improvement by the Owners, realistically.
I think it is, too, providing he's done his homework on the opposition, and fingers crossed, no more injuries.
It's just not easy on the eye , especially at Deepdale.

I think after this time in the season that it's a deliberate tactic by Lowe in utilising the players & their 'skill-sets' - that he has. In other words accepting that that's what we have , and setting up the squad/ first eleven accordingly. Sitting back on only a 1 goal advantage is a risk, sure, but is it a greater risk to try to double the advantage ? Perhaps RL thinks it is, because his ( & mine ! ) ideal team is about what, three flipping seasons away , at the current rate of investment/ improvement by the Owners, realistically.
I think it is, too, providing he's done his homework on the opposition, and fingers crossed, no more injuries.
Balanced post, fair points

Which is exactly what happened to AN of course.

Wodman pulls off some very good saves even at times ones that can be described as brilliant and his distribution is probably better than Iversen's. On the other hand Iversen pulled off some saves that were not just very good or even brilliant but close to unbelievable.

The greater issue is what is the future investment going to be, Lindsay out of contract and so far no negotiations have begun, will there be any type of funds available in January?
Unless we here different from those in charge I cannot see any real investment from the trustees of our club that will allow the club to progress forward on the pitch, I hope I am wrong, time will tell, but I am not holding out alot of hope at present. 🙄🤔

Which is exactly what happened to AN of course.
The penny dropped with him much later than with Lowe (?)
Neil became, (understandibly imo) disillusioned, after several seasons.
Rather than go into some kind of sullen shell for months, waiting for the chop ( (because resigning from the position wouldn't give him any kind of £-compensation ) - Lowe's dealing or 'coming to terms' with his lot.

The greater issue is what is the future investment going to be, Lindsay out of contract and so far no negotiations have begun, will there be any type of funds available in January?
Unless we here different from those in charge I cannot see any real investment from the trustees of our club that will allow the club to progress forward on the pitch, I hope I am wrong, time will tell, but I am not holding out alot of hope at present. 🙄🤔
I'd agree/ believe that the Lindsay issue is much the greater issue. If everyone knows no talks have even started, that signals that that tosh "the management" say about Premier League ambition is really the tripe it is. The knock-on is a decline in attendances & season ticket sales. How can they expect anything else?

I'd agree/ believe that the Lindsay issue is much the greater issue. If everyone knows no talks have even started, that signals that that tosh "the management" say about Premier League ambition is really the tripe it is. The knock-on is a decline in attendances & season ticket sales. How can they expect anything else?
Offering him two years on the same terms is no skin off the club's nose, but he'll easily get better elsewhere.

Neil became, (understandibly imo) disillusioned, after several seasons.
Rather than go into some kind of sullen shell for months, waiting for the chop ( (because resigning from the position wouldn't give him any kind of £-compensation ) - Lowe's dealing or 'coming to terms' with his lot.
Yes all good points. One thing I do prefer Lowe over Neil is his demeanour on the touch line. Much more positive and encouraging.

Offering him two years on the same terms is no skin off the club's nose, but he'll easily get better elsewhere.
The purse strong holders will not share that view.

Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed. I’ll personally be very surprised if there are any incomings of note in January or any contract extensions. Something significant will have had to change since august and the mood music doesn’t seem to be going that way.

Neil became, (understandibly imo) disillusioned, after several seasons

I don't agree as it wasn't "several" seasons before the penny dropped.... I might be wrong of course but to my memory it was after injurygate and the high press had to be abandoned ... At that point he must have realised that no bugger was going to be brought in to play that way.. He had to adapt with what he had and quite a lot of the time it was pretty dire to watch... I agree that it's happening again though and Lowe has now " twigged "..You can tell from his interviews that just like AN he was told porkies

Hi bud - just letting you know they refunded me just now - email is ifollow@efl.com. I had spent 30 mins on phone to my bank earlier with a view to doing a chargeback for the two payments, which my bank approved on the basis of my not receiving the service I’d paid for, as well as them knowingly taking the monies despite the vpn being active and whilst knowing they weren’t going to provide the goods I was paying for, but bank couldn’t process it until the payments went from ‘pending’ on my online banking.

To be fair to the lad who replied from ifollow, they were fair once I outlined everything - he just wrote this at the end:

“Please do not use VPN software when accessing our service in the future as this is not permitted under our terms and conditions and will cause access problems. Further refunds will not be provided if the use of this software is detected on your account again.”

Hope this helps
Thanks for this, before I read it I emailed ifollow and they refunded immediately, I was quite surprised.

cheers for the info.

Nah Hughes' positioning is consistently excellent, and he rarely gets rolled in behind. There've been a few issues in games where he has come back from injury. But he was near enough faultless in the first 7/8 games of the season. Been quality the last 2 games as well.

Agree. How the hell does that Cabango get in the Welsh squad ahead of him.

Cabango gave the ball away on almost every occasion he had it during the first half.

Lindsay wants to be here he has settled in hopefully they get it done

Agree. How the hell does that Cabango get in the Welsh squad ahead of him.

Cabango gave the ball away on almost every occasion he had it during the first half.
Cabango and Latibeaudiere are the weak links in the Swansea side, it was clear to me that Preston exploited this fact and it paid off. Re Hughes I cannot understand why he hasn't even made the squad; he would be perfect as cover for Ben Davies who has had a number of injuries and operations in past two seasons.

Down to 8th. Lowest we can now drop if all teams below us win their game in hand (unlikely) is 11th

Very healthy
But, before the game in hands are played, if we win at Reading on Friday night, we go 5th. We’ve had 2 chances recently where a win would have taken us into the top 6 and failed miserably. Let’s hope it’s third time lucky.

Hi bud - just letting you know they refunded me just now - email is ifollow@efl.com. I had spent 30 mins on phone to my bank earlier with a view to doing a chargeback for the two payments, which my bank approved on the basis of my not receiving the service I’d paid for, as well as them knowingly taking the monies despite the vpn being active and whilst knowing they weren’t going to provide the goods I was paying for, but bank couldn’t process it until the payments went from ‘pending’ on my online banking.

To be fair to the lad who replied from ifollow, they were fair once I outlined everything - he just wrote this at the end:

“Please do not use VPN software when accessing our service in the future as this is not permitted under our terms and conditions and will cause access problems. Further refunds will not be provided if the use of this software is detected on your account again.”

Hope this helps
They can be dicks to deal with but you just have to keep going at them. I had an issue once where the stream kept freezing every 5 or 10 secs for the whole of the 2nd half (1st half was absolutely fine), when I requested a refund they came back to me saying there was no problem with the stream, and after them saying this a couple of times I asked if they were calling me a liar and demanded my complaint to be escalated. Sorted it in the end, but they do try and fob you off a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.