PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Preston North End v Swansea City - 01/11/22 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assesment of Swansea. Pretty, powder puff, possession passing, with no penetration. Good job done by Ryan Lowe and his backroom staff.

Assesment of Swansea. Pretty, powder puff, possession passing, with no penetration. Good job done by Ryan Lowe and his backroom staff.
Yup, too much passing without genuine intent. Its tough being Man City or Barcelona. Easy to pass it about a bit without taking any proper risks with the ball.

Not the greatest of performances with us but Lowe has proven not to be as dogmatic or one-dimensional as we were led to believe. In my fantasy world he's given a bit of support in January to sign the two or three good quality players in key positions that he needs to move the team on a bit.

Well, we can dream I suppose.

Yup, too much passing without genuine intent. Its tough being Man City or Barcelona. Easy to pass it about a bit without taking any proper risks with the ball.

Not the greatest of performances with us but Lowe has proven not to be as dogmatic or one-dimensional as we were led to believe. In my fantasy world he's given a bit of support in January to sign the two or three good quality players in key positions that he needs to move the team on a bit.

Well, we can dream I suppose.
The problem a lot of these teams with 'purist' managers have is that they try to play likeMan City and Barcelona but they aren't Man City or Barcelona.

It's a funny old game, football. R.Lowe is being quite pragmatic in the way that we play, quite understandable with the Players at his disposal & no great criticism from me about that, it's not pretty to watch but getting important points on the board and yet if we had a Pulis, Alladyce, Bruce or Warnock in charge, playing the same way, we would all be up in arms about dinasouer football (prob including me). Strange mind set sometimes from us fans!

It's a funny old game, football. R.Lowe is being quite pragmatic in the way that we play, quite understandable with the Players at his disposal & no great criticism from me about that, it's not pretty to watch but getting important points on the board and yet if we had a Pulis, Alladyce, Bruce or Warnock in charge, playing the same way, we would all be up in arms about dinasouer football (prob including me). Strange mind set sometimes from us fans
To be fair the four managers you mentioned are all ‘hoof it up to the big man’ managers. Lowe doesn’t want us to play like that. He wants us to play it out from the Back which is why woodman is a better keeper for us than iverson because he’s good at kicking.

I don't agree as it wasn't "several" seasons before the penny dropped.... I might be wrong of course but to my memory it was after injurygate and the high press had to be abandoned ... At that point he must have realised that no bugger was going to be brought in to play that way.. He had to adapt with what he had and quite a lot of the time it was pretty dire to watch... I agree that it's happening again though and Lowe has now " twigged "..You can tell from his interviews that just like AN he was told porkies

He was happy to sign a new contract two years in though after rejecting West Brom and stoke. People may say he was told a pack of lies but 18 months before he signed this big new contract we sold hugil and failed to replace. If the Penney had dropped he wouldn’t have signed it.

It's a funny old game, football. R.Lowe is being quite pragmatic in the way that we play, quite understandable with the Players at his disposal & no great criticism from me about that, it's not pretty to watch but getting important points on the board and yet if we had a Pulis, Alladyce, Bruce or Warnock in charge, playing the same way, we would all be up in arms about dinasouer football (prob including me). Strange mind set sometimes from us fans!
Add Frankie McEvoy to that list.

He was happy to sign a new contract two years in though after rejecting West Brom and stoke. People may say he was told a pack of lies but 18 months before he signed this big new contract we sold hugil and failed to replace. If the Penney had dropped he wouldn’t have signed it.
The 3-year contract with agreed compensation replaced a rolling one-year deal.

I suspect AN - whose family was reportedly settled in the area - decided if he was going to stay here under this regime, he at least wanted some financial security, rather than being vulnerable to a cheap sacking at any time.

Blackburn winning and up to 5th…..

They might sell their remaining tickets for Deepdale now….

Status
Not open for further replies.