PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Preston Players Alleged Wages

Thewhites.

Patron
Aside from DJ and Browne most of them don't seem realistic to me.

Amazed that he has put a story out based on that website.

Don't imagine a certain someone will be very happy.
Regardless of the inaccuracies maybe that is reason enough in itself to do so. It does seem that he is rapidly losing any support and allegiance.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Am I the only one who thinks that what they earn is nobody else's business?
I am a very open kind of bloke when it comes to discussing personal things , but one thing that I never discuss with anyone apart from Mrs Ando , is my salary……

It’s a taboo subject amongst work colleagues and quite frankly its nobody else’s business….

As someone once said to me “ I don’t worry about what other people earn, I can only spend what I earn “

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
At Tom Sandells hotel
Tv Land Reaction GIF by #Impastor

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
“On Friday I was thinking of going through the annual accounts and doing a Top 10 of the biggest financial losses the club has posted……Tom………Tom?……..are you still there Tom?”

Browne and DJ were speculated in the 15-20k bracket at time they renewed so not surprised at that.

Given Whiteman was signed for 1.5m around that time I'm surprised he's not up there tbh. Considering Woodburn was only on trial here and previously in SPL I'm not sure about that wage, certainly feels more likely for Woodburn dropping down from being a regular premier league sub.

Cunners was probably on 20k + at Cardiff when they got promoted to the prem so that explains his wage.

On the whole fairly accurate I'd say. Wages at insane at this level compared to a decade ago when you have regular 10m + moves so it all filters down.

ashtonlad

Patron
I am a very open kind of bloke when it comes to discussing personal things , but one thing that I never discuss with anyone apart from Mrs Ando , is my salary……

It’s a taboo subject amongst work colleagues and quite frankly its nobody else’s business….

As someone once said to me “ I don’t worry about what other people earn, I can only spend what I earn “
It wasn't Risdale then

Motion Man

Patron
Just need to look at the overall wages total in the accounts to work out what the average is and basically you could guess a range of about £ 10 to £ 18 k per week for the first team squad.

Regardless

-
Patron

That’s a truism - but I think we have it wrong. Why shouldn’t we be open with close friends and colleagues about what we earn? (Obviously as long as it’s not for bragging purposes)

IMO, it’s just a convention that developed in former times and will soon be seen as anachronistic.