PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Preston Players Alleged Wages

Am I the only one who thinks that what they earn is nobody else's business?
Completely with you. Most of these articles are based on guesswork and is a divisive mechanism, makes it feel a bit them and us. Also, gives disgruntled fans chance to say things like, ‘if I earned 10k a week, I’d have scored that’ even though they wouldn’t.

That’s a truism - but I think we have it wrong. Why shouldn’t we be open with close friends and colleagues about what we earn? (Obviously as long as it’s not for bragging purposes)

IMO, it’s just a convention that developed in former times and will soon be seen as anachronistic.

As pay scales start disappearing from lots of companies having some sort of openness is a guide about how well your company is treating people, especially in similar roles. The advent of places like Glassdoor have a place, but more for people seeing other company data if they are considering job changes etc. Knowing where your own employer stands seems an obvious expectation. Like you and others mention, it's very much a thing of the past in some ways, data and the availability of data changes life again and things move on

NB: Doesn't excuse the premise of the original post and the article which is meaningless made up click bait rather than meaningful data from valid sources as evidenced by the disparity in the claimed figures and the published accounts

I'm stunned at this article. I certainly wouldnt want my earnings published without my permission to all & sundry & I dont see why footballers should be any different. In the current climate where we have what seems a national obsession with what people earn & their value for it... And the current shit show around the cub. It all seems a bit ill timed and unnecessary. Poor form really

NB: Doesn't excuse the premise of the original post and the article which is meaningless made up click bait rather than meaningful data from valid sources as evidenced by the disparity in the claimed figures and the published accounts
Maybe the summer cost cutting went better than we thought? Maybe Scott Sinclair was on £5m?

Oh no - but apparently he wasn't even on as much as Cunningham, and we've only saved £2m in cuts by giving a bunch of players random pay rises this year.

Sinclair apparently even took a pay cut from the previous season.

Maybe Ridsdale himself circulates these utter bullshit numbers to Salary Sport to make people think he's doing a good job keeping the wage bill down?