Preston Underground (New Supporters Group)

White Horse 44

Advisor to the Owner
Bit awkward opening it at the moment I imagine covid etc. No suggestion of invitation only from.anything I've heard or read. Why not give it a chance?
Their email obviously had the desired effect led to a meeting with potential movement on the long proposed fanzone. Anything that attempts to support and improve the Deepdale matchday experience will get my vote.

Alpine White

Forum Patron
Patron
I´m all in favour of a fans group, but why Underground? It sends all the wrong messages about subversive, hidden etc. ... everything Mr Hemmings and Peter will be scared of.

Why not Proud Of Preston?

Muzza

Forum Patron
Patron
When I lived in North Curl Curl.
Zsj3RcY.jpg
I got it posted over. I don't have a car right now, but would love sticker again for my next one!

OP
TheFulwoodEnd

TheFulwoodEnd

First Team
I´m all in favour of a fans group, but why Underground? It sends all the wrong messages about subversive, hidden etc. ... everything Mr Hemmings and Peter will be scared of.

Why not Proud Of Preston?

Why?

No one does better at being subversive and hidden than Mr. Hemmings.

As its been stated a few times they haven't come out with names publicly as of yet so that one or two people don't become the fall guys or gets loads of stick.

This isn't an election campaign.

TuTu

Manager
Totally, I think there is very much a case of "I've seen this movie before and know how it ends" as far as I am concerned and another failed fans initiative is firmly in the range of outcomes, here. However, I would rather it fail through effort than the countless Whatsapp groups we are all probably part of, where we moan our heads off with mates without doing anything.

Underground has a chance to not get it right, that's a huge ask, but to make a ripple of change, I just hope they do.
I’ll have a moan later Scum. 😉Well thought out response to be fair I hope the club does engage with us the fans I have to say the media at PNE has improved Ultimately stop breaking up the team when we are nearly there and add quality to it to give us a shot at promotion For me this is the way Deepdale becomes full every week Big summer a head I hope we get some real quality in I can’t wait to get back to my seat amongst all my pals again

White Horse 44

Advisor to the Owner
The Underground group have today put out what appears to be another positive statement on twitter of supporter initiatives. Unfortunately I am unable to repost...

JK

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Head Honcho
Staff member
Patron
I don't see anything unreasonable in the initial statements there and a good starting point.

All achievable if the club are willing to work with them.

Dreyfuss

Manager
The club should ensure all their website content is up to date and accurate and actually focussed on the upcoming season.

On the "first time fans" page clicking on the the junior supporters link, you discover a squad line up which includes 15+ players who are no longer at the club. I would hazard a guess much of the other info is out of date too.

It's just shoddy and that is half the problem with PNE's fan engagement. If you want to attract "first time fans" maybe get the basics right.

Instead of having crappy ads as your main banner (making the club pennies), maybe have big splash banners trying to hype the new season and season ticket sales.

JG1888

Forum Patron
Patron
I assume they mean, flags, pin badges, scrarves etc.

Half n Half stuff can get straight into the bin.
Still got my scarf from the Birmingham game in 2007. Was a great idea and looked amazing. Especially the PNE mural on town end.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
The club should ensure all their website content is up to date and accurate and actually focussed on the upcoming season.

On the "first time fans" page clicking on the the junior supporters link, you discover a squad line up which includes 15+ players who are no longer at the club. I would hazard a guess much of the other info is out of date too.

It's just shoddy and that is half the problem with PNE's fan engagement. If you want to attract "first time fans" maybe get the basics right.

Instead of having crappy ads as your main banner (making the club pennies), maybe have big splash banners trying to hype the new season and season ticket sales.
Yeah that PDF is September 2018. Pretty shoddy work, not having at least an annual review of your website assets.