PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Preston Underground (New Supporters Group)

The group gets my backing! The mere notion that there's a negative response towards PNE Underground, be it fans on here, or social media, aligns with us being a distinctly average football club, with fans who would rather be negative than positive - 60 years outside of the top flight confirms as much.

I am no longer passionate about Preston North End, due to a change in personal circumstances as I've got older, not helped by zero incentive to remain engaged as a fan from a very mediocre offering on the field, and an awful experience off it.

If that is to change, it's going to be thanks to a group like PNE Underground acting as a catalyst for improvement. Having been involved in PSG2000 for a brief time and attended many fans forums down the years, the disconnect between the club and supporters is when the fans lose sight of their role in the club - it is not to be scouts or tacticians, which is what has always happened in the past. Fans with an "I know best" attitude, which PNE Underground MUST have front and centre as they aim to work with the club.

When dealing with a megalomaniac like Peter Ridsdale, you have to work with him, not against him and telling him and his staff how to do their jobs would only end in the same way that past fans voices have. If PNE Undeground only views its role through a lens of "anything off the pitch or training ground," there's a real chance that the club could be receptive to a fans voice. I think the ISA is the best example of this with the momentum they brought to Deepdale in the early 90s, which ultimately acted as a catalyst to improvement, both off the pitch initially and eventually, on it, which I think was in large part thanks to the awareness and appeal they created.

Anything other than positivity towards this movement from fans is obstructing the single common goal of all PNE fans, one of progress - whatever progress may eventually look like. It could be a PNEIPA and Bowland pie, or a pitcher of Fosters whilst watching the 12:30 Premier League game in the old football museum, right through to an ultras section on the kop - whatever it takes, I'm behind, as should all fans as good things happen through solidarity. When we're galaxies apart from the Premier League and many teams in the Championship, from a financial and fanbase perspective, we have to look at where marginal gains can be obtained and right now, a small group of fans looking to cause disruption, is the best chance of anything positive happening beyond another mid-table finish and departing the cups at the earliest possible opportunity, with a half empty stadium and away fans account often accounting for 25% or more of attendance.

Best of luck, PNE Underground.
Superb points.
I believe everything is in play. A suggested application for a standing area, un reserved seating areas too.
Working together will be the only way.

Stupid boy

And in your case, it seems a village need look no further for a new idiot🤣
Stick to threads about hooped vs plain socks which shouldn’t stretch you too much

Stupid boy

And in your case, it seems a village need look no further for a new idiot🤣
Stick to threads about hooped vs plain socks which shouldn’t stretch you too much
You just hope you land on your head when you fall off that high horse you are sat on as will be a guaranteed soft landing 🤣

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear

My purely personal stance on alleged ‘fans’ groups is that they belong in the stands. There seems to be a belief a football club is a bit like a school having to answer to a board of governors. It isn’t.

We, the fans, lost our right to formally question the powers that be at PNE when the majority of our number sold our shares to TH and sanctioned its return to private unaccountable ownership.

And now we have this ‘initiative’ trying to have an influence allegedly on our behalf.

If JB and his buds want a say, they should get some finance and offer to buy in.

IMHO of course
Fairly brutal assessment but accurate. Presumably it's the laughable ESL that's driven this. First thing that happens if a fan/or fans get involvedf at anywhere near Board level is they sign a NDA and that then causes more division.

What's needed is a decent keeper, strong back 4 and someone who bangs in goals for fun. Then all this fades away

I believe everything is in play. A suggested application for a standing area, un reserved seating areas too.
Working together will be the only way.
"Working together" would certainly be needed if a standing area is on the (still strangely secret) agenda, because advocates in the past have proposed displacing ST holders from central Town End blocks to accommodate it.

"Working together" would certainly be needed if a standing area is on the (still strangely secret) agenda, because advocates in the past have proposed displacing ST holders from central Town End blocks to accommodate it.

The secretive agenda bit has me puzzled.

I thought that first statement pretty much covered their current agenda clearly.

The secretive agenda bit has me puzzled.

I thought that first statement pretty much covered their current agenda clearly.
They mentioned other "very positive initiatives" they'd be sharing with the club later.

If they've already been detailed somewhere, maybe I just missed them?

A discussion has already been held with the club.

So from the new groups point of view that is excellent progress I'd suspect.

Will be interesting what comes of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They mentioned other "very positive initiatives" they'd be sharing with the club later.

If they've already been detailed somewhere, maybe I just missed them?

I'd suggest that given we didn't even know of their existence until this week we already have a good idea of the type of things they are looking at.

Not sure how much more you can expect? Had they gone to the club with a massive list of "demands" they would have been given a short shrift.

Perhaps the fans who oppose the fans group should form a fans group, to on behalf of the fans hold the fans group to account for their lack of engagement with the fans of the fans group?

Yet these same Folk wonder why they are holding back on putting names to anything.

From personal experience I totally understand that viewpoint especially in a time when so much can be done online.

I'd suggest that given we didn't even know of their existence until this week we already have a good idea of the type of things they are looking at.

Not sure how much more you can expect? Had they gone to the club with a massive list of "demands" they would have been given a short shrift.

Yet these same Folk wonder why they are holding back on putting names to anything.

From personal experience I totally understand that viewpoint especially in a time when so much can be done online.
If fans simply asking questions is viewed as "opposing the group", I can see why these things struggle to get off the ground.

If fans simply asking questions is viewed as "opposing the group", I can see why these things struggle to get off the ground.

Quoting a phrase I didn't use.

I don't think they are struggling to get things off the ground. They have had a really good impact on social media and already had a discussion with the club.

Decent weeks work.

I am sure with some patience things will become clear.

Fwiw it will be impossible for the to please everyone. I just find some of the criticism at this stage a bit harsh.

Quoting a phrase I didn't use.
I know - I was quoting a phrase MBcha used - "fans who oppose the fans group" - to which you replied "yet these same Folk wonder why they are holding back on putting names to anything".

"These same Folk", it couldn't be clearer you were both talking about the same mythical "fans who oppose the fans group".

I am sure with some patience things will become clear.

Fwiw it will be impossible for the to please everyone. I just find some of the criticism at this stage a bit harsh.
Well, I hope when the time comes someone will let the rest of us fans know what's been decided in all our names.

And just to clear, I'm not opposing or criticising anyone here, harshly or otherwise - I'm just asking some very basic questions, politely and calmly, and I'm not really getting any answers, to the extent it seems pointless persisting.

Well, I hope when the time comes someone will let the rest of us fans know what's been decided in all our names.

I have not seen anyone decide anything in my name, your name or anyone else's aside from them as a group at the moment.

The day they claim to speak on behalf of all of us is the day they will no longer exist.

Anything that shines a spotlight on the club can only be a good thing, this along with the Ben Pearson interview puts pressure on the club to question how they are doing things and what else can be done.

I really don’t see a negative. At worst they piss the club off and get ignored, at best they make actual progress.

The custodian of our club runs it like a dictatorship and apart from the FANtasy forums he’s had a pretty smooth ride without having to look for fluff in his belly button.
At last we may have way of getting our thoughts about OUR club over to the owner (via his advisor) .....Power to the people👍

I’m in, but only if they can organise a re-print of the “No butter pies left in this vehicle overnight” stickers.
When I lived in North Curl Curl.
Zsj3RcY.jpg