PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Proof Of Jabs/Negative Tests.

got gig next week that requires vax and test in last 24 hrs, with schools going back next week cases are gonna fly up and expect its inevitable passports will be incoming. plus money to be made on them for bojos bumchums

Latest government U-turn - after careful consultation with their backbenchers, they are now not introducing Covid passports after all:

Yep seems like this will be a thing now. I installed the MyGP app, all fairly seamless.

I saw an article last week saying that the UK had awarded a contract to a Danish firm for Covid Digital passports. Does that mean money down the drain? I also believe that most EU countries will allow you to travel only if you have a digital passport approved by the EU, so what is Javid doing?

I saw an article last week saying that the UK had awarded a contract to a Danish firm for Covid Digital passports. Does that mean money down the drain? I also believe that most EU countries will allow you to travel only if you have a digital passport approved by the EU, so what is Javid doing?
Javid is doing what this government always does, Government by Focus Group - he's running a U-turn up the flagpole today, allowing plenty of time to gauge public and media reaction and reverse the U-turn if necessary, in time for Bunter's official announcement on Tuesday of what they'll actually (probably, most likely, focus groups allowing) be doing.

Only thing common sense about it is that they've gone behind in the polls after saying they're gonna raise national insurance. So it's common sense to do something that will get their base back on side.

Thracia is 100% right, pathetic government by focus group.
If nothing else you hear the words focus and group in the same sentence and can only shudder

Javid is doing what this government always does, Government by Focus Group - he's running a U-turn up the flagpole today, allowing plenty of time to gauge public and media reaction and reverse the U-turn if necessary, in time for Bunter's official announcement on Tuesday of what they'll actually (probably, most likely, focus groups allowing) be doing.
Absolutely, it’s a scandalous way to run government but their core vote doesn’t care. They‘re pushing on with ID needed to vote because it penalises those unlikely to vote for them but their core vote doesn’t like a policy and it stops - even though it’s a health related policy.

Whether or not you agree that a vaccine passport would have helped maintain health, the government and their scientists thought it would and have gone back on it for votes, much like they did when pandering to backbenchers over masks and other restrictions designed to help maintain health.

Only thing common sense about it is that they've gone behind in the polls after saying they're gonna raise national insurance. So it's common sense to do something that will get their base back on side.

Thracia is 100% right, pathetic government by focus group.
I couldn't give a flying how its come about about, it's the 1st decent thing they've done!

I have never agreed with the policy but I was never totally convinced it would go ahead anyway. I suspect it was some sort of incentivisation tactic to get more younger people to get the jab. Even seeing a couple of clips of Nadhim Zahawi (Vaccines Minister) in the Commons this week, it seemed pretty obvious that he didn't believe a word of what he was saying about the need for passports.

The financial burden that would've been placed on businesses (particularly in hospitality) to put in place and apply these measures was never realistic, and neither was the concept of barring people from domestic venues based on medical status, despite the fact that the pandemic is ongoing.

I am pro-vaccine but as I stated earlier in the thread, the way to get low uptake demographics like young people and ethnic minority groups to get the jab is to work together with them, not threaten them with second class citizen status.

I have never agreed with the policy but I was never totally convinced it would go ahead anyway. I suspect it was some sort of incentivisation tactic to get more younger people to get the jab. Even seeing a couple of clips of Nadhim Zahawi (Vaccines Minister) in the Commons this week, it seemed pretty obvious that he didn't believe a word of what he was saying about the need for passports.

The financial burden that would've been placed on businesses (particularly in hospitality) to put in place and apply these measures was never realistic, and neither was the concept of barring people from domestic venues based on medical status, despite the fact that the pandemic is ongoing.

I am pro-vaccine but as I stated earlier in the thread, the way to get low uptake demographics like young people and ethnic minority groups to get the jab is to work together with them, not threaten them with second class citizen stat

If someone tells me that I " must " do something then they can fuck right off.................... :D

If someone tells me that I " must " do something then they can fuck right off.................... :D
government tell you that everyday and you do it...taxes?

went to gig on friday that used the covid passport thing, was easy and painless, show your phone on way in

Happy with this aslong as lateral flow tests remain an option. Although they aren’t worth shit.

If it becomes a scenario where it’s double jabbed certificate only then we are going to take away a lot of freedom.

At present the only scenario I get frustrated over is the Amber countries and quarantine. Was concerned about football but be surprised if we’d ever get enough on.

NHS need to sort out capturing overseas vaccines in their system

Humble apologies if this is being covered elsewhere, but is this going to be a thing at Deepdale? Me, the (current) Missus and the kids have got tickets for the Utd friendly and the proper game against Hull, and we don't wanna be getting turned away at the turnstiles.

Thanks in advance for all your constructive and invaluable replies. (Feel free to delete the post and humiliate me accordingly if I'm being very ignorant here.)
Just remove your thermometer from your bottom before entry and wave it in the stewards face.

I think his exact words where that VP wouldn't happen "this winter" which leaves things open for after the winter. My view is that he has given a concession to back benchers to get them onside for renewal of the Emergency Powers.