PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Proud to be a Nobber!

I will always support our club. I’ve done it since 1966, so it’s hard to stop now. I’m not sure though when we just accepted mediocrity and that any finish in the Championship is a win because that’s just the way it is. I do remember in the past that we always believed that we could beat a club in the cup that was in a higher division than us. That was the magic of the cup. Now we are giving high fives because we only lost by 4 goals. Bristol drew at West Ham, Blackpool drew at Nottingham. Of all the clubs playing Premiership teams we did the worst. We are now accepting that our club has no ambition and therefore we should be grateful to just have a club. How sad have we become?
Looking back I think that was accepted around 66, not long after we'd lost in the cup final. A couple of decent seasons after and that was that.

@Mer5eywhite is correct though in saying its remarkable we have the support we have. this club doesnt know how lucky it actually is.

Looking back I think that was accepted around 66, not long after we'd lost in the cup final. A couple of decent seasons after and that was that.

@Mer5eywhite is correct though in saying its remarkable we have the support we have. this club doesnt know how lucky it actually is.
I agree that our support is immense. I think that is taken for granted by the club. Did Lowe acknowledge those brilliant supporters yesterday? He should have been out in front of them applauding. We don’t always need his fist pumps when we win, but we could do with some humbleness and support when we lose

And that's exactly my point.

I'm proud to be a Nobber. We are the club!!!!!!

The fact that there’s no plastics is good but also a sign of our complete lack of success over the last few decades.
There was a point yesterday when we was 3-0 down when what I assume was a tourist lady (could have been local but my gut told me she was a tourist) was putting up the 3-0 hand gesture towards us, and I thought to myself … Thank fuck im not a Chelsea supporter having to be surrounded by constant part time supporters and tourists. Stamford bridge as a ground really impressed me, as an old school prem ground I couldn’t think of a better example Iv been to. But the atmosphere was the polar opposite. I could imagine the atmosphere in the 90s being an experience that can only be created by raw emotions and passion. Stamford bridge atmosphere yesterday was the result of everything that football shouldn’t be…. And in a way I went away feeling like we may have lost the battle but at least we’re still a proper English football club with proper fans, and tbh I wouldn’t sell that to be in the Prem, if being in the Prem means being that.

There was a point yesterday when we was 3-0 down when what I assume was a tourist lady (could have been local but my gut told me she was a tourist) was putting up the 3-0 hand gesture towards us, and I thought to myself … Thank fuck im not a Chelsea supporter having to be surrounded by constant part time supporters and tourists. Stamford bridge as a ground really impressed me, as an old school prem ground I couldn’t think of a better example Iv been to. But the atmosphere was the polar opposite. I could imagine the atmosphere in the 90s being an experience that can only be created by raw emotions and passion. Stamford bridge atmosphere yesterday was the result of everything that football shouldn’t be…. And in a way I went away feeling like we may have lost the battle but at least we’re still a proper English football club with proper fans, and tbh I wouldn’t sell that to be in the Prem, if being in the Prem means being that.
It seemed ironic that our fans were in the shed end of the ground. My last visit there the shed was a fearful place which made Millwall fans look like pussy cats.

Im really struggling to join in with this one, Mer5ey.

right now Im anything but proud, in fact i feel like ive wasted 60 years of my life following a club that has basically done the square root of fuck all in those years. compounded, today, by the lashers going to Prem club forest and gaining a replay.

We do nothing like this, ever, do we?

Its in my blood, I really wish it wasnt and I didnt give a stuff.

Proud to be a nobber?

Not me.
We didn't win but we sure made Arsenal shit themselves a few years back.
3-0 at half time wouldn't have been flattering.

I thoroughly understand what @raefil is saying and I'd hazard a guess that a lot of it is down to pent up frustration which I also share (albeit I've been sharing it for less time). I think a lot of what he said is entirely justified.

Having said that, I'm still proud to be a Nobber and proud to support my hometown club. I'm proud to follow them as much as I can, even though it's incredibly frustrating most of the time and although I've said "I give up" at times, I know I never will.

There's been good times and bad times but last night, despite the 2nd half performance and result, I was incredibly proud - well largely at our support which was immense.

Despite us not achieving fuck all (the odd promotion aside of course) for decades, I wouldn't swap it for the world. Give me that over being a plastic where you pick a side based on what you've seen on TV anyday.

Im really struggling to join in with this one, Mer5ey.

right now Im anything but proud, in fact i feel like ive wasted 60 years of my life following a club that has basically done the square root of fuck all in those years. compounded, today, by the lashers going to Prem club forest and gaining a replay.

We do nothing like this, ever, do we?

Its in my blood, I really wish it wasnt and I didnt give a stuff.

Proud to be a nobber?

Not me.
Fully understand and with Risdale at the controls nothings going to change.

I somehow agree with both you and Mersey at the same time!
You have hit the nail on the head. I am 66 years into this but still go to all home games and my son and I have visited 50 away grounds between us (I have visited more). We went to the friendlies at Fleetwood and Barrow this season, from E Lancs. My 2-year old grandson already has the shirt. More than ever, where we sit in the STF stand, we see very young children being brought to the ground

Football is very tribal and PNE is my tribe!

Of all the clubs playing Premiership teams we did the worst.
So, can anyone do some "science" (analysis) and actually work out what it is ? I think a losing, defeatist mentality has become woven into the fabric of the club. How do we get it out? We've got terrific fans and certainly the most patient. The only realistic hope we have is to find someone with the motivational skills and know how (that's easy, isn't it) to get us into and through the play off's. We will never go up automatically. This bloke looked the part for a while and I do think he's done his best but even at this stage, I can't see it happening now. There must be someone out there?

In the grand scheme of things lucky to still have a club in existence.

It seemed ironic that our fans were in the shed end of the ground. My last visit there the shed was a fearful place which made Millwall fans look like pussy cats.
It’s true that, it used to be the home fans end…

We were having this conversation on the way to the game yesterday, how did such a nice place as Chelsea end up with such a feared hooligan element..

Have they ever had to apply for re-election, i'm not too sure.
It was after the re-election period in the days when the bottom club was relegated to the conference. they were 45 mins away from relegation which many believed would have seen the club go out of existance.

It was after the re-election period in the days when the bottom club was relegated to the conference. they were 45 mins away from relegation which many believed would have seen the club go out of existance.
Similar to ourselves then