PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Proud to be British.....London 2012 Opening.

Made me feel so proud to watch that outstanding ceremony. Take a bow Mr Boyle. Proud to be British tonight. Brilliant! Come on team GB.

It wasn't perfect, but the bar is so high. I'm struggling to give Mr Boyle and everyone involved any less than 10 out of 10, all considered.

Anyone see the rerun of this on telly today - actually still on now, but I've come up to bed - hope to watch the rest on iPlayer. There aren't really that many days in your life that you specifically remember - but the tension of watching that opening ceremony live was immense (will it all go wrong, will it be any good?).... but it was awesome (literally) then and it was still awesome watching it back today. The OP got it bang on!

Was lucky enough to go with family... August 9th. The date is imprinted on my mind. What a day.