PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Pub in Shap...

beagleman

Patron
Just been out for tea to a pub in Shap... Bloody hell... Slaughtered Lamb from American Werewolf in London.... Full of locals with tattoos, beards, limbs missing and dogs.... Enough about the women, the men were no better... Its another world up here.. Food was good but got out asap... "ere... Where are yee frommmm?.. Not round these parts I'll be bound.."

We often stay at the Shap Wells Hotel, wonderful old Hotel. Tend to go into Penrith and give Shap village a miss, in truth.

We often stay at the Shap Wells Hotel, wonderful old Hotel. Tend to go into Penrith and give Shap village a miss, in truth.
There now... They said you nicked the batteries out of the remote.. This place is like the hotel out of The Shining

I can’t remember the pub names but I spent a NYE out in Shap with some friends in 1980 I think it was. We had a great night and the locals were really friendly but the occasion might’ve influenced that.
Went up Helvellyn on New Year’s day and walked across Striding Edge with a hangover. A stupid thing to do when I think back, but it did clear the hangover! 😂
Luckily, the weather was fine.

We stayed in Shap whilst doing the Coast to Coast walk a few years back. Got absolutely ratted in a pub there.

Just been out for tea to a pub in Shap... Bloody hell... Slaughtered Lamb from American Werewolf in London.... Full of locals with tattoos, beards, limbs missing and dogs.... Enough about the women, the men were no better... Its another world up here.. Food was good but got out asap... "ere... Where are yee frommmm?.. Not round these parts I'll be bound.."
Sounds like a posh, classier version of Burnley.

I stay at Penrith quite often, some good pubs there now.
4ed0ec2d-f263-49b8-b47a-6c8fa5e58a1b_text.gif