Pullis

Pulis deliberately putting all the attention on the referee and away from another poor home result for Middlesboro.

He can do us a favour on Saturday by taking a point at Villa but he will get sacked when they lose at home to Norwich and we move above them into 5th.

janiejones

First Team
The aim of Ayala is to use aggression to intimidate players into pulling out of 50/50 challenges (or even as in this case (40/60 in favour of Barker). Barker would have been first to the ball had he not pulled out, but seeing Ayala steaming in 2 footed off the ground knew he would have been totally wiped out even if he did get there first. Some would say he bottled out of it, but in the modern game skill out trumps aggression every time.

The reason I despise Pulis is that he builds his teams around these sort of bullying players, always has, going back to the days of Gillingham.
Who could ever forget the likes of Leo Fortune West and Mamady Sidibe. He took Sidibe to Stoke with him. I also remember, Fortune West flattening John Vaughan at a corner. I work with a Boro fan and he hates Pulis and his brand of 'football '.

buckshawwhite

First Team
I despise Pulis. What puzzles me is that teams like Boro invest multi million pounds in technically gifted players & then employ a dinosaur like him to dictate how the team plays & their tactics. It just doesn't make sense. Any victory over Pulis is a victory for football

Schofe

Reserve
Got to say im surprised that he won the appeal. There’s no way on earth that would have been rescinded for pearson.
Not bothered now mind as 3 points in the bag

Keeper1

Reserve
From tonight’s LEP:
“Red card in Preston North End's victory at Middlesbrough is overturned on appeal
The defender was sent off for serious foul play during the game against Preston North End on Wednesday [13/03/2019] but a claim of wrongful dismissal was subsequently upheld."

Pulis gets his way with the FA again. Lad was sent off, we won.

Edit: Sorry Borborygami, hadn’t seen your post.

Keeper1

Reserve
Had Ben Pearson committed that foul it would have stood it makes me sick the damned double standards in football.
Exactly. From LEP as above, committed serious foul play (which is a red) but got off due to a claim of “wrongful dismissal.”
Pathetic but no surprise really.

RVW

Reserve
The aim of Ayala is to use aggression to intimidate players into pulling out of 50/50 challenges (or even as in this case (40/60 in favour of Barker). Barker would have been first to the ball had he not pulled out, but seeing Ayala steaming in 2 footed off the ground knew he would have been totally wiped out even if he did get there first. Some would say he bottled out of it, but in the modern game skill out trumps aggression every time.

The reason I despise Pulis is that he builds his teams around these sort of bullying players, always has, going back to the days of Gillingham.
True, Pulis isn't so much a football coach as he is an assembler of thugs.

mapping

Forum Patron
Patron
Doesn't look good in this still to be fair, certainly can't be in control while in mid-air

All about the follow through to be fair, was a good challenge in my book but the rules are soft now so can't argue with the decision.
Two feet off floor flying in