Push Notifications

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
Push notifications are clickable pop-up messages that appear on your users' browsers irrespective of which device they use or which browser they are on. Subscribers can be anywhere on the browser and still receive these messages as long as they are online or have their browsers running on their devices.

I nicked that from google, we need to work out how to disable them if we feel we want to.
Worked it out PROFILE -PREFERENCES- DISABLE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS

LostinSpace

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Staff member
Patron
I have push notification disabled. Does anyone know how to enable it?

@JK ?

Last edited:

LostinSpace

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Staff member
Patron
PROFILE -PREFERENCES-ENABLE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
This is what I see:

Push notifications not supported

Enabling push notifications requires a supported device. Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
This is what I see:

Push notifications not supported

Enabling push notifications requires a supported device. Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.
What are you using? phone, tablet, pc?

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Only seems to work on Desktop browsers I think. Safari and chrome on iOS it looks not supported(might work on android too)

LostinSpace

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Staff member
Patron
Yeah its android, I haven't enabled it yet on my laptop.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Apple, Microsoft and Google talked to each other and worked jointly with Software developers.

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Apple, Microsoft and Google talked to each other and worked jointly with Software developers.
That would make things too easy for us, I was looking to buy a pair of wireless apple airpods as all the other makes are too big, but with me on android the only feature that would work was the phone, I couldn't stream music so I'm doing without.