Qasem Soleimani dead

Snicky

Forum Patron
Patron
No tears for a brutal mass murderer but this is a game changer in the region.

What happens next?

raefil

Super Duper Patron
Patron
I know nothing about him but my turn to news, at times like this is always al Jazeera. Were unlikely to hear this in our media.

Mohammad Marandi, head of the American Studies at the University of Tehran, said that Soleimani's role in helping defeat ISIL make him a "national hero" and a "martyr" among the Iranian people and other Middle Eastern countries.

"If it wasn't for people like him, this region would have seen black flags flying across the region."

OP
S

Snicky

Forum Patron
Patron
I
I know nothing about him but my turn to news, at times like this is always al Jazeera. Were unlikely to hear this in our media.

I suppose if you overlook the ethnic cleansing, the war crimes, extra judicial killings, torture, rape gangs and the violent quelling of legal protest then yes, he was a good bloke....?

raefil

Super Duper Patron
Patron
I

I suppose if you overlook the ethnic cleansing, the war crimes, extra judicial killings, torture, rape gangs and the violent quelling of legal protest then yes, he was a good bloke....?
Perhaps sometimes we need to understand the perception that others have to be able to gain a fuller picture of what potential consequences might be. Wasnt that the question you asked?

Lets remember, also, that right now the US is in the process of trying to starve the Iranian people into submission.

And talking of war crimes, its all too easy, as when we slaughtered 100s of thousands of Iraqi people, to buy into what the most distrusted media in europe attempt to tell us.

Remember the highly publicised "Weapons of Mass destruction?"

Brown University’s Costs of War Project this month released a new estimate of the total death toll from the U.S. wars in three countries: Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The numbers, while conservatively estimated, are staggering. Brown’s researchers estimate that at least 480,000 people have been directly killed by violence over the course of these conflicts, more than 244,000 of them civilians. In addition to those killed by direct acts violence, the number of indirect deaths — those resulting from disease, displacement, and the loss of critical infrastructure — is believed to be several times higher, running into the millions.

Last edited:

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
extra judicial killings, torture, rape gangs and the violent quelling of legal protest then yes, he was a good bloke..
Did the BBC tell you he did all these things ? What a bag that is eh.. I hope America install "democracy" all over the middle East and use our troops to do it. The good old gentile playthings will do war again. Great.. good world this

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
I think people get mixed up about who the real evil ones are.. I'd start with the ones who've been in a constant state of war since the second world war and continue to interfere in foreign affairs.. shady business.

jamesOB

Advisor to the Owner
I don't think trump got into power because people thought he'd leave Iran alone.. I don't see the point being made here
That he’s about to start a war to delay the impeachment proceedings - and Boris will probably follow him into the fire.

Did Clinton not do the same thing?

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
That he’s about to start a war to delay the impeachment proceedings - and Boris will probably follow him into the fire.

Did Clinton not do the same thing?
I don't know how any of that works with the impeachment possibly being delayed. I get the feeling that it wouldn't matter which puppet was in power and the strike would have happened anyway... Not sure he's got a military mind. He's good at saying "your fired tho"