PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread QPR V PNE - 07/04/23 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Just back home and thought it was a really good team performance and fully deserved victory. We were always in control of the game and back to front we were composed and solid with Cannon ‘on fire’. Thought Omohah did well when he came in and could be maybe our secret weapon (like Lee Williamson) to fire us into the play offs. Saw Browney walk to the coach with a crutch but seemed in decent spirits (and didn’t see a leg brace). Also spoke to one of Ched’s family and he was confident he’d be able to play for us again. Will be having an op in 2 to 3 weeks which involves inserting a titanium cage around his upper spine but I understood this is a well rehearsed procedure for certain sportsmen (and women) as Ryan Lowe said, in Rugby and American Football, so fingers crossed for him as it’s still sounds quite involved.
Please can you give me the route as I never know which is the quickest to London, you obviously know it!

Live just down the road Mr Waddie !
Oh No Reaction GIF

Tommeeee, Tommeeee, He's got a cannon ball.
Get it to Tommeeee, He's gonnna score a goal!
Repeat.

Sing to the tune Ireland's Call (As sung at rugby games).
I said boom, boom, boom
Everybody sing Tommy Cannon,
Boom, boom, boom,
Everybody sing Tommy Cannon.

* to the tune of “Boom, boom, let me hear your say wayo wayo” by The Groovy crew

It just shows that RL continually benching DJ and preferring Woodburn and other lesser players lost us many points in mid season.... and RL has still not offered him a new contract. ( IMO we could have been IN a playoff situation if RL’s selections had been better. )
Yeah the performances and results have been much better with Johnson and Browne playing in their normal midfield roles.Browne played well before injury and hit the post today and Johnson had another good game .The goal scoring of Cannon has been a real plus and I think Parrot has also been playing well especially with his link up play and great assist today.But going back to that established midfield has helped the team a lot .

Other managers had better squads and haven't had us this close that often.
It's really screwing with my head. I simply don't like RW for reasons I have spoken about often. As a PNE supporter I want us to do well and at the moment we are doing so. I still can't warm to the manger but I have to admit that he is currently over achieving with a less than brilliant squad. (That's not to say we don't have SOME good players)

It's really screwing with my head. I simply don't like RW for reasons I have spoken about often. As a PNE supporter I want us to do well and at the moment we are doing so. I still can't warm to the manger but I have to admit that he is currently over achieving with a less than brilliant squad. (That's not to say we don't have SOME good players)
Who's RW?,

Also cannons goals are bitter sweet as the more he gets the less likely he'll be here next season 😂
Tbh If I could say that about ALL the loaned strikers we get - I'd be a Very Happy Bunny.

The last loanee we got from Everton actually walked away with a handful of POTY awards.
(Actually, last but one - Geads )

Not quite sure how to admit this

Just watched EFL highlights - and saw that some Championship games had been played today (certain that didn’t include us). I watched with growing astonishment as the full truth unfolded 😂. And what an unbelievable set of results did unfold. By the time our game came on, I was pretty hopeful we’d won because I’d already seen (and commented on!) the thread slamming Ainsworth’s credentials.

I’d even noticed a matchday thread had appeared on here - I think I saw it early this evening - but I didn’t look at it. Just thought it had been posted early - I was certain the game was tomorrow my brain ignored all evidence to the contrary!