Quick question (not to wind anyone up)!

Vera

Reserve
But ask yourself honestly ,which club is more progressive (at the moment )Blackpool f.c ,or Preston North end .
Not after an argument why or (just an honest opinion of real football supporters ) And I seriously hope we both stay in the championship (because local rivalry is best for both of us), up the mighty tangerines👍.

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Here's a bite.

Your current position is the same as Rotherham's this time last year.

You got through the playoffs with freebies and loans, your stadium is shit and your training ground is worse. Your manager is also completely unproven at this level.

Our squad although weaker than it's been in previous years is still much better than yours. Our stadium pisses on yours, our training ground pisses on yours and despite Covid we still spent £3m on two players last season.

The gap is still big despite general negativity at PNE recently.

If you're signing players like Reece James then you won't stay up.

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
up the mighty tangerines👍.

264x264.jpg

prestonmadhouse

Madman
Patron
Our squad although weaker than it's been in previous years is still much better than yours. Our stadium pisses on yours, our training grounds pisses on yours and despite Covid we still spent £3m on two players last season.
Both our training grounds piss all over aunty Veras favourite teams training ground 😁😁😁😁

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
But ask yourself honestly ,which club is more progressive (at the moment )Blackpool f.c ,or Preston North end .
Not after an argument why or (just an honest opinion of real football supporters ) And I seriously hope we both stay in the championship (because local rivalry is best for both of us), up the mighty tangerines👍.
honestly hard to say.... youve been off the radar that long we havent a clue what you've been doing, but building your team around 2 of our cast offs isnt overly progressive...

does your youth team still hire the field at Myerscough ?

Here's a bite.

Your current position is the same as Rotherham's this time last year.

You got through the playoffs with freebies and loans, your stadium is shit and your training ground is worse. Your manager is also completely unproven at this level.

Our squad although weaker than it's been in previous years is still much better than yours. Our stadium pisses on yours, our training ground pisses on yours and despite Covid we still spent £3m on two players last season.

The gap is still big despite general negativity at PNE recently.

If you're signing players like Reece James then you won't stay up.
Not sure about Reece James that could be a very good signing - ex Wigan or not ! , but I believe that he's also had a serious injury

Agree about the Championship - They said on the radio that Neil Critchley did take time to adapt to League 1 , can't be Liverpool Under 23s based at Blackpool in that division ( Tony Mowbray thought he could play his way out of that League too ) , there was problems with inexperienced defenders but everything worked better when there was two midfielders to protect them .

They deserved to come third in League 1 , I'll give them that ; but I think it was better when Simon Grayson was PNE manager , you'd get good matches against the likes of Bristol and Sheffield United .

Their lot think they'll finish above Preston , seeing them as mid table deadwood . Let's see eh ! ? , I'd say bottom six learning the division ? .

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Not sure about Reece James that could be a very good signing - ex Wigan or not ! , but I believe that he's also had a serious injury
27, injury prone, off the back of the only decent season in his career. I'd be fuming if we signed him.

Hang on, just seen that link, please don't tell me you think they've signed the Chelsea and England international.

They've signed a no mark from Donny who we released as a youth.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Blackpool are very progressive...compared to under the Oystons. But even with Preston at a crossroads right now, you can’t lay a glove on us on or off the pitch.

Your current momentum and enthusiasm is similar to when we came up via the L1 PO’s but I must say none of us had this complacency or expectancy about staying in the division and that’s despite having a much better promotion side to this current Blackpool one.

At the moment we’re in a position where we need a semi rebuild but our spine is still in place. Our core players are still here, contracted and of a good standard. Storey, Bauer, Cunningham, Whiteman, Browne, Ledson, Johnson, Barky, Sinclair and Riis all walk into your team...comfortably. In fact a handful of those could go much higher than us both.

The loan signings of Van den Berg and Iversen are again beyond anything you have or could attract. Even when we acquire them we will still be on the hunt for more quality. If we signed Reece James, Shayne Lavery and Daniel Grimshaw (I had to look him up btw, not a clue who he is) then there would be riots here.

As for off the pitch, where do we start? You’ll still pull in sub par crowds even when the honeymoon period is still in place. Your owner whilst miles ahead of Oyston is now a small fish in a big pond. You won’t be buying your way out of this division and most of your squad isn’t up to scratch.

You’re certainly not the worst side to come up in recent years but you’re far, far, far from the best. If you stay up then it’s an achievement, if you finish mid table then it’s a cracking season. If you finish above us and take 6 points like your fans seem to believe then it’s nothing short of a miracle, keep dreaming pal.

First Team
I’d rather be in our position right now. Our squad is better, stadium is better. We have 5 solid seasons behind us at this level too.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
At the moment we’re in a position where we need a semi rebuild but our spine is still in place. Our core players are still here, contracted and of a good standard. Storey, Bauer, Cunningham, Whiteman, Browne, Ledson, Johnson, Barky, Sinclair and Riis all walk into your team...comfortably. In fact a handful of those could go much higher than us both.
Don't want to be talking us down but none of these guys could player 'much higher' imo. And I'd rather have had Jerry Yates or Ellis Simms than Emil Riis, for sure.

My main concern regarding Blackpool is that I think their manager is capable of becoming very very good, whereas it feels like McAvoy could go either way in the next 6 months.

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Not sure about that, i'd expect Emil Riis to take the piss in L1.

That league is even shitter now than when we were in it, especially with the salary cap in previous seasons.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Don't want to be talking us down but none of these guys could player 'much higher' imo. And I'd rather have had Jerry Yates or Ellis Simms than Emil Riis, for sure.

My main concern regarding Blackpool is that I think their manager is capable of becoming very very good, whereas it feels like McAvoy could go either way in the next 6 months.
Ryan Ledson and Jordan Storey can and in my opinion will go higher, Emil Riis too.

Jerry Yates has had one decent season in League 1, similar to Eoin Doyle. Can he do it at this level? Maybe. But could go either way. And Ellis Simms isn’t their player.

Agree re the manager though but I suspect he’ll outgrown them sooner rather than later.

27, injury prone, off the back of the only decent season in his career. I'd be fuming if we signed him.

Hang on, just seen that link, please don't tell me you think they've signed the Chelsea and England international.

They've signed a no mark from Donny who we released as a youth.
Sorry my humble apologies , and yes it did seem odd , a top six Championship club having him on loan to get him ready for the Chelsea first team maybe yes .

The only way it made sense is that if he'd had a serious career threatening injury . I was thinking Critchley isn't that good with his contacts , maybe Everton and Liverpool under 21s or 19s but not that level

Not quite sure about Doncaster , the jist of the article is that Westley let him go to concentrate on the first team

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Not sure about that, i'd expect Emil Riis to take the piss in L1.

That league is even shitter now than when we were in it, especially with the salary cap in previous seasons.
On the other hand, I'd expect Yates or Simms to score more than twice in 1600+ minutes of Championship football. They also have at least some semblance of a first touch.

I know it goes against the grain on here a bit but I just don't see it with Riis at all. I get that sometimes you get late developers and it just clicks further down the line and they improve, see Pearson's comments about Hugill, but I don't think Riis has Hugill's physicality or mentality.

We're absolutely desperate for a striker to partner Ched this summer imo.

simon_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
Honestly?

Us.

Your captain is Chris Maxwell ffs

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
On the other hand, I'd expect Yates or Simms to score more than twice in 1600+ minutes of Championship football. They also have at least some semblance of a first touch.

I know it goes against the grain on here a bit but I just don't see it with Riis at all. I get that sometimes you get late developers and it just clicks further down the line and they improve, see Pearson's comments about Hugill, but I don't think Riis has Hugill's physicality or mentality.

Strange how football can polarise opinions.

I think he looks like a much better raw player than Hugill. He’s fast, physical and we’ve seen at his previous club he can finish.

He’s been playing in a side last season devoid of confidence and had little to no service. Hugill had Robinson, McGeady, Reach and prime Barky feeding him over the years.

He just needs the service and a bit of confidence. I think learning from Ched will be good for him too. I genuinely believe we’ll lose him on the back of a good season.

sf

Forum Patron
Patron

You may be right but at Riis' age, Yates was bumming around in L2 on loan. Rotherham obviously saw more in Smith & Ladapo.

We say it every year but we need a recognised striker, which would also take pressure off someone like Riis who obviously struggled with the jump in standard.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Sorry my humble apologies , and yes it did seem odd , a top six Championship club having him on loan to get him ready for the Chelsea first team maybe yes .

The only way it made sense is that if he'd had a serious career threatening injury . I was thinking Critchley isn't that good with his contacts , maybe Everton and Liverpool under 21s or 19s but not that level

Not quite sure about Doncaster , the jist of the article is that Westley let him go to concentrate on the first team
????

He’s played 32 times for the Chelsea squad in the prem this season, started in the Champions League final, and is in the England squad. In what world does he then get loaned out to a championship side??