PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Race riots in Leicester

Of course, but they needed an excuse, anyone for cricket?

They are the same race aren't they, well they were when they separated in 1947.
Hindus and Muslims in India have similar ethnic origins but Bangladeshi and Pakistan Muslim are completely different to Indian and have different facial features.,

Hindus and Muslims in India have similar ethnic origins but Bangladeshi and Pakistan Muslim are completely different to Indian and have different facial features.,
On the left the Muslim leader in India, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, next to him the Hindu Leader. Jawaharlal Nehru. The two leaders at the time of separation, 1947.

The difference is very subtle.

1663546730321.png1663546917659.png

There's been proper Wars between India (basically/in-the-main) the Hindu side & Pakistan ( which used to be 'East' P. / now called Bangladesh & 'West' P. ) - which are the Muslim side. The last 'official' war was in1967. But there's been border & territory disputes about Who-has-What umpteen times. You should try to watch the old Michael Palin travel documentary about this World Region, and catch the ceremonial "Changing of the Guard" thing , where both countries armies try to outdo each other in Mock Bravado.

It's all a bit Belfast in the Time of the "Troubles". Prods v Left Footers. Tons of stupid ( to me ) rhetoric.

They don't have Pakistan v India & Vice versa Cricket Test Matches in those countries anymore. Always, always, Riots. Instead they are played in a 3rd nearby country.

There's been proper Wars between India (basically/in-the-main) the Hindu side & Pakistan ( which used to be 'East' P. / now called Bangladesh & 'West' P. ) - which are the Muslim side. The last 'official' war was in1967. But there's been border & territory disputes about Who-has-What umpteen times. You should try to watch the old Michael Palin travel documentary about this World Region, and catch the ceremonial "Changing of the Guard" thing , where both countries armies try to outdo each other in Mock Bravado.

It's all a bit Belfast in the Time of the "Troubles". Prods v Left Footers. Tons of stupid ( to me ) rhetoric.

They don't have Pakistan v India & Vice versa Cricket Test Matches in those countries anymore. Always, always, Riots. Instead they are played in a 3rd nearby country.
Both sides are blaming each other, and both are saying the police are not protecting them.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/18/police-community-leaders-crowds-leicester

This from the Guardian, from a Hindu woman.

In Leicester’s Hindu community too, there is uncertainty. Drishti Mae, 31, a lifelong Leicester resident who used to chair a national Hindu organisation, said the recent unrest was unprecedented in the more than three decades she had lived in the city.
“It’s the Hindu community that’s being targeted, a first-generation migrant community,” Mae said, claiming Hindu families were being harassed by some Muslims in the city.
“They feel threatened, and attacked,” she added, saying the police were failing to protect property, people and places of worship. “We do have a right to protect ourselves,” she said.
From a Muslim

Rukhsana Hussain, 42, a community leader, described hearing loud chants of “Jai Shri Ram”, which translates from Hindi to “hail Lord Ram” or “victory to Lord Ram”, from several streets away.

It is a chant that has recently become synonymous with anti-Muslim violence in India, where India’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, is under increasing scrutiny for the treatment of minorities, including Muslims in the country.

Both sides are blaming each other, and both are saying the police are not protecting them.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/18/police-community-leaders-crowds-leicester

This from the Guardian, from a Hindu woman.

From a Muslim
Such a sad series of events. There was no sign of this in my time there.
20+ years ago now.
The city had problems but that was within the white communities.
Hard to hear this and probably an indication of the course much of the world is taking through populism.

My dad used to have cause to visit a cake factory near the M62 because of his work, late 80s through the 90s.
Regular problems there with everyone falling out. Usually with Bangladeshi Muslims.

White man’s fault. We’re all cunts.
Really is time you grew up and stopped feeling sorry for yourself, its getting beyond pathetic.

Of course, but they needed an excuse, anyone for cricket?

They are the same race aren't they, well they were when they separated in 1947.

Ethnically they are quite diverse, my wife's family for example are from the Punjab but have Central Asian and European genetics too, while some others from the Punjab might not. Then you have places like Balochistan and Kashmir, different features again. Go further south in India or east to Bangladesh and certain features can be seen. It's not homogenous, it really comes down to ancestry and environmental factors.

Sadly it's not uncommon from Pakistan, India maybe even Bangladesh to call someone kaala (black) in a derogatory manner because their skin is too dark.

To us in the West we think, why are they fighting they're all one race, and it's right to question it. Unfortunately I think there has been a lot of bad history in India and I genuinely don't believe the partition did anything to stop it from inevitably happening.

Ethnically they are quite diverse, my wife's family for example are from the Punjab but have Central Asian and European genetics too, while some others from the Punjab might not. Then you have places like Balochistan and Kashmir, different features again. Go further south in India or east to Bangladesh and certain features can be seen. It's not homogenous, it really comes down to ancestry and environmental factors.

Sadly it's not uncommon from Pakistan, India maybe even Bangladesh to call someone kaala (black) in a derogatory manner because their skin is too dark.

To us in the West we think, why are they fighting they're all one race, and it's right to question it. Unfortunately I think there has been a lot of bad history in India and I genuinely don't believe the partition did anything to stop it from inevitably happening.
I think this is a whole lot more political than we realise too.

an intersting read on Politics Home.

I think this is a whole lot more political than we realise too.

an intersting read on Politics Home.

They seem to see Labour not condoning the situation in Kashmir as being anti-Hindu, I think like the situation in Israel, there's criticising a nation or government's handling of something and then there's being anti-(insert term here). However, yes, if Labour was seen to not be giving as much attention to attacks on Hindus in the UK then okay, maybe they have a point. I don't generally think there are as many attacks on Hindus in the UK, not that that makes it any more acceptable, but politicians are going to focus on what's current, trending and likely to get them the support they want.

I think the problems that happen in India don't help and no doubt influence how people feel over here too.

They seem to see Labour not condoning the situation in Kashmir as being anti-Hindu, I think like the situation in Israel, there's criticising a nation or government's handling of something and then there's being anti-(insert term here). However, yes, if Labour was seen to not be giving as much attention to attacks on Hindus in the UK then okay, maybe they have a point. I don't generally think there are as many attacks on Hindus in the UK, not that that makes it any more acceptable, but politicians are going to focus on what's current, trending and likely to get them the support they want.

I think the problems that happen in India don't help and no doubt influence how people feel over here too.

I know there is a lot of diversity in India, totally different peoples from the North and South, I was actually married to an Indian girl for a few years, she was from Bombay. Highly educated lass, quite tall, and light skinned, unless she hit the sunshine. She is back in India now, settled in Goa. When the Muslim Indians were forced into a separate states, West Punjab and Bengal, they included Muslims from further south, so the genetic differences were often merged.

The Bengalis are lot darker skin, and regularly shorter. Pakistan today was once wholly part of the British India Protectorate. As was Ceylon Island, (Sri Lankans) tend to be darker skinned as well. Even the Hindu religious followers, worship different deities. On a much smaller scale, you can see the regional differences between Brits, Scots, Irish, and North and Southern English sometimes, certain common genetic features.

The religious aspect is crazy in that part of the world, the vast majority of Hindus, just follow the rituals and don't practice the teachings, as is the Muslim faith, hardly anything to do with the teachings, apart from Sufism. The spiritual aspects are lost. The religions in India and Pakistan have become sectarian, resulting in conflict. It doesn't help when you get a PM like Modi, who encourages the bigotry and hate.

I had a friend in London and one day he announced to our group his brother has been murdered in India, he had gone to Goa and then planned to travel to Mumbai, anyway his body was found hanging outside a village, robbed and mutilated. Some villagers were charged, I don't know the final outcome, but ever since then, I have thought that murders in India are extremely brutal. I never looked up about the story till now, but I found a few different versions from the Indian Police. I lost contact with his brother, so don't know what the final outcome was.

The police story according to his family was flawed, and 'Steve Bennett' had money, but was terrified and rang home, my friend, his brother was a music producer, he reckoned that he was abducted and robbed.

Lynchings and mutilations are common, and today it is being encouraged by the Indian PM, and the attacks on Muslims often end up with lynchings and mutilations.

Just for reference. The Guardian version, other reports give totally different accounts. One thing for sure, India can be a dodgy place.

Mysterious last journey of Briton found dead in mango tree​

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jan/06/india.world

Found the outcome.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-16243348

Last edited: