Racism at Hungary v England, a few obsevations.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
1) When the England players took the knee the booing was very loud.

2) When Stirling scored he took his shirt off revealing a pretty innocuous message about loving somebody. However I doubt that many in that crowd were good English readers and its likely the message could have been seen as provocative. He was subsequently pelted with plastic cups, and from what I can see one supporter doing the monkey chants.

3) Nothing else was audible through the game but, apparently, Jude Bellingham was subject to racist comments.

4) It seemed to me that some British reporters were stationed at key parts of the ground with the sole intent of finding racist incidents.

Ive not seen any reports, this morning, but from what I saw, last night, the incidents were highly exaggerted and the reporting of it does know favours whatever.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
I don't recall whether it was on the BBC or the ITV highlights/news that I watched but there was an incident where Sterling went down in the area for a suspect penalty and there was a very loud set of Monkey chants going on. They may have exaggerated the audio but it wasn't a single person making it.

Also regardless of the message on the shirts. The facts they were pelting pretty much every corner with the cups should be enough evidence to prove they don't deserver crowds

Again forget which channel it was but they mentioned some anti-semitic stuff against Kane? I'm sure our resident anti-semite sniffer dog will be able to furnish us with more details though

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Hungary have already been given a 3 game international ban (on crowds) following the Euros, but it only applies to Euro games, not World Cup.

Which, in light of last night, just seems stupid, bureaucratic nonsense.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Hungary have already been given a 3 game international ban (on crowds) following the Euros, but it only applies to Euro games, not World Cup.

Which, in light of last night, just seems stupid, bureaucratic nonsense.

That was the pundit discussion I saw, the logic of FIFA vs UEFA being two different entities with regards to sanctions. Like a red card in the cup but you can play league games and then miss the next eligible cup game even if it's the next season

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
That was the pundit discussion I saw, the logic of FIFA vs UEFA being two different entities with regards to sanctions. Like a red card in the cup but you can play league games and then miss the next eligible cup game even if it's the next season
But of course in light of racism and the individuals who comprise their crowds, that distinction means absolutely nothing. They'll do it regardless of what competition they're playing in.

Simply points to the lack of coordination and joined up thinking between the football bodies

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
But of course in light of racism and the individuals who comprise their crowds, that distinction means absolutely nothing. They'll do it regardless of what competition they're playing in.

Simply points to the lack of coordination and joined up thinking between the football bodies

The FIFA entourage maybe get to stay in a better hotel when in town

OOOO3

Forum Patron
Patron
Footballers should be stopped from putting messages under their shirts for me. As Raefil says the Hungarians probably couldn’t understand it and would incite more issues

NG White

Forum Patron
Patron
I was unfortunate enough to go on a Stag do to Budapest around 7 or 8 years ago.

They are so backward over there and its not just the colour of your skin.

They hate us in general. We did very little wrong just usual stag do stuff and the Police lifted all 20 of us took us to our hotel, made us give them our passports and ferried us down to the main Police station.

They where smacking the lot of us with batons on the back of our calves and laughing.

They stuck us all in a courtyard in 35 degree heat with a few bottles of water between us and no food from 1pm to past midnight. I wouldn't go there again if someone paid me. I wasn't at all surprised to see the racist stuff from them, in fact I expected it and was sadly proved right.

pnesaint

Manager
I was unfortunate enough to go on a Stag do to Budapest around 7 or 8 years ago.

They hate us in general. We did very little wrong just usual stag do stuff and the Police lifted all 20 of us took us to our hotel, made us give them our passports and ferried us down to the main Police station.

They where smacking the lot of us with batons on the back of our calves and laughing.

They stuck us all in a courtyard in 35 degree heat with a few bottles of water between us and no food from 1pm to past midnight. I wouldn't go there again if someone paid me. I wasn't at all surprised to see the racist stuff from them, in fact I expected it and was sadly proved right.

So you were loud, drunk and obnoxious yet wonder why the locals took exception to it!

white_and_proud

First Team

I've heard it's a great city, if you go looking for trouble you will find it, if you go looking for Racism you will find it.

Raefil is spot on