Random Rubbish Thread

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
Just wondering when forum members will take / have taken, down Their Chrimbo decorations. Ours came down today. Glad to see the back of anything associated with 2020

Its the first time Ive ever put up exterior lights ..... under duress - and now Im under pressure to be the first to take them down. I can feel resistance coming on - even if its futile. Might need to deploy the cat in a counter-offensive. Quite a weighty and persuasive ally.

Winkytinky

GTTO
Patron
I've always usually taken mine down on the 6th but I've already packed some of them away and I'm doing the rest tomorrow. I want my living room back.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Just wondering when forum members will take / have taken, down Their Chrimbo decorations. Ours came down today. Glad to see the back of anything associated with 2020

Let me guess- you didn’t wait for 12th night last Christmas. We then had had a shitload of bad luck in 2020 - and now you’ve gone and done it again FFS? :eek:. :)

We HAVE TO take them down on 12th night. Not to do so is bad luck and so 2020 is presumably YOUR fault. Go and get the tree from the bottom of the garden and back in the front room. Get the tinsel out the loft. Quick.

AFAIK, the only argument is whether 12th night is 6th Jan -12 days after Christmas on Epiphany when the 3 wise men arrived (incl. Catholic tradition) or on 5th Jan as per Protestant tradition. Our decs will come down on 6th.

priest

First Team
Here in Spain as with other Mediterranean Catholic countries the 5th is the day that main presents are exchanged and family get together to celebrate the arrival of the three kings.

Until this covid shite, every city, large and small town and village would have a procession of floats representing various religious and culture themes, often featuring local histories.
The three kings each headed a float and threw sweets and small toys to the local children, where tradition told that the more you collected, the more presents you would recieve that night.
All family members attended and celebrations would continue long after the processions ended, a real Christmas eve atmosphere......Sadly not this year.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
We always take ours down on Epiphany ( January 6th ) although I have taken all the Christmas cards down already....

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
Didn't even have a tree or a single xmas decoration. Had two xmas cards that went in the bin on boxing day.