Random thoughts.

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
Would a spanish dog have the same language barrier we do when talking (barking) to an english dog?
Dogs communicate with each other mainly by using body language and eye contact, bark language doesn't really come into it.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Dogs communicate with each other mainly by using body language and eye contact, bark language doesn't really come into it.
How do you know that if you can’t understand what they’re saying. How do you know they aren’t saying “keep sniffing my arse so they don’t realise we can understand each other”

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Where the hell is the TV remote control? It’s been more than 2 days now and I’m having to get off my arse to turn over.

It’s like being back in the 1970s - when I was the little lad who effectively WAS the family remote control - sent to press in one of the 5 round buttons on the top right of our Radio Rentals telly (of course 2 of the buttons would just reveal a snowstorm)

Anyway - enough nostalgia. Where is the bloody thing?

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
Where the hell is the TV remote control? It’s been more than 2 days now and I’m having to get off my arse to turn over.

It’s like being back in the 1970s - when I was the little lad who effectively WAS the family remote control - sent to press in one of the 5 round buttons on the top right of our Radio Rentals telly (of course 2 of the buttons would just reveal a snowstorm)

Anyway - enough nostalgia. Where is the bloody thing?
Do you have a Sky Q box? If you press and hold the Q on your box it'll make your remote beep so you can find it...

JJ_PNE

Advisor to the Owner
Why is a Hamburger called a Hamburger when theres no ham in it?

Why cant we call a group of sheep, sheeps (same applies for deer/deers) - as it doesnt sound that bad?

If you flew east (where essentially the clocks are back 5 hours in the US west coast), but flew round the world once then onto the US in a regular UK US flight time - would you go back in time a day?

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
If you flew east (where essentially the clocks are back 5 hours in the US west coast), but flew round the world once then onto the US in a regular UK US flight time - would you go back in time a day?
Concorde allowed you to arrive before you took off effectively so if the flights had been arranged at the right time they could have taken you to the previous day. But in short, no, as you travel back across the date line you just end up further in the current day (and like Sid says, the West coast is a lot further than 5 hours away )

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
Concorde allowed you to arrive before you took off effectively so if the flights had been arranged at the right time they could have taken you to the previous day. But in short, no, as you travel back across the date line you just end up further in the current day (and like Sid says, the West coast is a lot further than 5 hours away )

Breakfast in London

Lunch in New York

Bags in Brazil