Random thoughts.

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
I once wrote a 5 A4 page proof of why 27 divided by 5 was 5 remainder 2. Still not forgiven that lecturer.
Similar to this old classic. 3 ladies (could easily be 3 men) go into an electrical shop to buy a Radio. They choose one and it’s £30, so they pay £10 each. Shop owner says to the assistant, “they are friends of mine, knock em a fiver off”. Assistant thinks, “ I can’t split the fiver between 3, so he gives them £1 each and puts £2 in his pocket.

So, now they’ve each paid £9. Times that by 3 and that’s £27. Plus the £2 the assistant put in his pocket. That makes £29........ where’s the other quid gone 😳😳😳

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Similar to this old classic. 3 ladies (could easily be 3 men) go into an electrical shop to buy a Radio. They choose one and it’s £30, so they pay £10 each. Shop owner says to the assistant, “they are friends of mine, knock em a fiver off”. Assistant thinks, “ I can’t split the fiver between 3, so he gives them £1 each and puts £2 in his pocket.

So, now they’ve each paid £9. Times that by 3 and that’s £27. Plus the £2 the assistant put in his pocket. That makes £29........ where’s the other quid gone 😳😳😳
Are we allowed to give the answer or do you want to build the tension first? ;)