PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rate the movie you've last seen

Aye, I think the whole zombie apocalypse thing has been done to death now.

There's nothing else that could be brought to the genre that hasn't already been done by countless other films before it.

The only reason I stuck with The Walking Dead for so long, is because I grew to care about the plight of the characters.

It's hard to do that with a 1hr 40mins movie.

Last edited:
Jack Daniels;n3422995 said:
The Night Eats The World. (Netflix) 7/10

A different spin on the usual zombie films. Claustrophobic and darkly silent.

After waking up in an apartment the night after a raging party, Sam comes face to face with his new reality: an army of zombies has invaded the streets of Paris, and he is one of the lone survivors. Petrified with fear, he barricades himself inside the building to survive. He wonders how long can he last in silence and solitude, and the answer comes when he learns that he's not all alone after all.

Sounds like that 28 days that Robert Carlyle was in people became infected with a virus called the rage. The end of the film showed it starting in Paris,

Preston1880;n3425038 said:
Aye, I think the whole zombie apocalypse thing has been done to death now.

There's nothing else that could be brought to the genre that hasn't already been done by countless other films before it.

The only reason I stuck with The Walking Dead for so long, is because I grew to care about the plight of the characters.

It's hard to do that with a 1hr 40mins movie.

WhiteWalkers have upped the ante cha! Ultimate badasses.

GoT - Hardhome.

[video=youtube;K34lCM-PxQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K34lCM-PxQI[/video]

Last edited:
Jack Daniels;n3425496 said:
WhiteWalkers have upped the ante cha! Ultimate badasses.

GoT - Hardhome.

[video=youtube;K34lCM-PxQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K34lCM-PxQI[/video]

I don't include White Walkers in the whole zombie apocalypse genre. White Walkers are on another level.

That scene above is in my top 3 best ever TV scenes. Unbelievably tense, thrilling, immersive etc.

I sat there watching it with my mouth open, gripping my seat.

Couple of scenes in the last series blew me away too....

The White Walkers scene, where Jon Snow, The Hound and a few others get surrounded on that frozen lake....and Daenerys comes flying in with the dragons to rescue em

Unreal TV that.......got goosebumps thinking about it.

​​​​​​The White Walkers attacking 'The Wall' with their newly acquired dragon in the last episode....

Again, unreal TV.

That clip I've put on doesn't show the build up to the attack.

Where Jamie etc first hear the galloping horses in the distance, and the dothraki come over the horizon..... thousands of em doing that war scream.

Frightening.

pbc373;n3423679 said:
Stan & Ollie 7/10.

Brilliant acting> Similarities were amazing, but not as funny as I hoped

I don’t think it was meant to be funny as such, although there were some funny scenes and plenty of one liners. I absolutely loved it, captivated from the first to the last minute.

The acting was sublime and as well as the laughs there were plenty of tears and very tender moments.

I love Laurel and Hardy so you could argue I’m biased but I’d argue my love for them raised expectations for the film - and those expectations were surpassed.

Locke (2013)

A man's (Tom Hardy) life unravels after he leaves a construction site at a critical time and drives to London to be present for the birth of a child conceived during a one-night stand.

-------------------

It's basically, from start to finish, Tom Hardy driving down the M6 at night, having various phone conversations with a variety of people, via the cars hands free system.

Sounds shite, yeah?

Well it's absolutely incredible. A masterpiece.

Honestly, if you come across this film, watch it. Give it a chance.

9/10

Hell House LLC, Watched this last night, its a found footage type horror and to be honest its very good and well worth a watch.

222Mark;n3427519 said:
Hell House LLC, Watched this last night, its a found footage type horror and to be honest its very good and well worth a watch.

Might give it a go.

Is it very 'jumpy'?

I suppose with it being a found footage horror, it probably is?

Can't stand jumpy horrors.

Watched that film Netflix has done on the Fyre festival - simply called Fyre.

Ok, documentary is more apt of a description for it, but it is over the 40 minute threshold to be classed as a feature film.

9/10 though.

Genuinely interesting and shocking the ''festival'' was even allowed to happen.

Was channel flicking last night... Came across a film called Me Before You on channel 5... 2016 British film... Bordering on Romance/chick flick territory... Found it a really good watch actually.... Lead actress had some appeal... 7/10

Watched that film Netflix has done on the Fyre festival - simply called Fyre.

Ok, documentary is more apt of a description for it, but it is over the 40 minute threshold to be classed as a feature film.

9/10 though.

Genuinely interesting and shocking the ''festival'' was even allowed to happen.

Aye, watched it this morning at about 3am.

It should be renamed "Funeral Fyre".

What a major fuck up it was! Still, a lot of gullible Americans spunked thousands of $$$$ thinking that they'd be partying at a "festival" with elite supermodels. :LOL: