Rate the movie you've last seen

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Saw the Leonard Cohen documentary thing about his relationship with Marianne.

I hadn’t realised he took quite so many drugs. Sounds like it was acid for breakfast in Hydra.

A very complex man but he lived a pretty full life, despite the dark times.

It struck me that he and Marianne died about the same time apart as Johnny and June Carter Cash did, but without ever hitting the same high notes.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Saw the Leonard Cohen documentary thing about his relationship with Marianne.

I hadn’t realised he took quite so many drugs. Sounds like it was acid for breakfast in Hydra.

A very complex man but he lived a pretty full life, despite the dark times.

It struck me that he and Marianne died about the same time apart as Johnny and June Carter Cash did, but without ever hitting the same high notes.
Yeah when she died I knew he wouldn't be far behind.

His time at Hydra was really interesting I've read quite extensively about it.

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
The Homesman- 6/10

Average Western. Love Tommy Lee Jones as always though. He also directed it.

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
Just watched The Firm on youtubez (footy one, not Tom Cruise lawyer one), tried searching for I.D. but it wasn't there (I have it on DVD in a box in the UK but that's no help to me here). A bit lamer than I remember it. And the Irish mush from Corrie had the worst southern accent, lol.

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Patron
Train to Busan 8.5/10

Brilliant Korean zombie flick, fully restored my faith in zombies after the walking dead slowly destroyed it. 28 days later style zombies that you cant run from, great story line too, although I did think some of the storyline came from telltale games walking dead game on xbox/ps4.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Joker.

Watched it last night (SKY Movies) and it was a very interesting piece of how The Joker came to being what he now is.

It kinda twists the previous forward 20 years narrative somewhat although Bruce Wayne, as a young boy, is innocent unless he actually knows the truth.

Think Cain and Able, Jesus and Satan, Thor and Loki. All entwined but all severely departed from the other.

8/10

beagleman

Advisor to the Owner
Went Odeon to see Tenet... Still not sure about it... Visually brilliant but the time travel moving backwards plot was never fully explained... Well i just didn't get it.
Kenneth Branagh is superb, as is the lad out of the Twilight... The lead actor Washingtons gonna be immense.
Not sure i want to see it again though... Maybe when its on Sky.