PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rate the movie you've last seen

Yes.. "flakey Brenda" was in attendance with semi melted vanilla tubs with wooden spoon, her skill at selling Lyons Maid alongside Lambert and Butler is without competition.. However the advert for Westlers hot dogs and a charming Indian restaurant ( The Sultan) not 5 minutes from this theatre was very tempting
Oh my word
You have nailed that - so funny
You aren’t by any chance related to a Pearl or a Dean are you ?

Went to see Black Widow with family at the cinema. It's a Marvel film. The concept of human trafficking little girls and brainwashing them to become assassins is interesting for a superhero film. It's a good film, I haven't seen any Avengers films so I wasn't familiar with the characters.

The Black Widow's sister, also an assassin, has a lot of dry humourous lines in the film, she's very likeable, Scarlett Johansson plays the Black Widow. Ray Winstone plays the main bad guy quite well, the Taskmaster (for those of you into Marvel) is also quite a kickass baddie in it.

The opening music is a reinvention of Smells Like Teen Spirit, it's quite catchy.

I just didn't like the fact the film basically had three end scenes, two of which were before the credits and one you have to wait until after the credits to see. I won't spoil it for anyone, but the final end scene basically confirms there will be a sequel.

I'd give it a 7.5/10 because anything above that is Christopher Nolan Batman territory, and it just wasn't as good.

Went to see Black Widow with family at the cinema. It's a Marvel film. The concept of human trafficking little girls and brainwashing them to become assassins is interesting for a superhero film. It's a good film, I haven't seen any Avengers films so I wasn't familiar with the characters.

The Black Widow's sister, also an assassin, has a lot of dry humourous lines in the film, she's very likeable, Scarlett Johansson plays the Black Widow. Ray Winstone plays the main bad guy quite well, the Taskmaster (for those of you into Marvel) is also quite a kickass baddie in it.

The opening music is a reinvention of Smells Like Teen Spirit, it's quite catchy.

I just didn't like the fact the film basically had three end scenes, two of which were before the credits and one you have to wait until after the credits to see. I won't spoil it for anyone, but the final end scene basically confirms there will be a sequel.

I'd give it a 7.5/10 because anything above that is Christopher Nolan Batman territory, and it just wasn't as good.
Not sure about it.. Had some poor reviews.. Maybe see it on a meercat two for one night..

Unhinged - Russel Crowe going a bit crazy (Sky) - 6/10
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Disney +) - 7/10
The Gentlemen (Prime) - 8/10
Imitation Game (Netflix) - 7/10
1917 (Sky) - 8/10

Miracle Mile (1988)

Musician Harry Washello (Anthony Edwards) sits down at a Los Angeles diner, where he instantly takes an interest in waitress Julie Peters (Mare Winningham). The feeling is mutual, too, so the pair arranges a date for later that day. But things go awry when Harry picks up a random pay phone call from a frantic soldier who warns of a nuclear attack that will hit L.A. within the hour. Scrambling, Harry finds Julie and the two do everything they can to escape to safety.

Proper, proper, PROPER 80's movie to the max. Dripping in that distinct late 80s aesthetic and soundtrack. The 'most 80s film I've ever seen'

image-w1280.jpg

It's amazing. Very surreal and daft, without venturing off into slapstick goof ball territory often see with these types of movies.

If you're a fan of the 80s aesthetic, the unmistakable 'of its time' authenticity... This will blow your mind.

Loved it - 8/10

An American Werewolf in London

Absolute bobbins. Opening sequence.... 2 American City boys randomly walking down narrow country roads in the middle of nowhere, no maps, no directions, pissing down.... I know, let's venture off into this pitch black soggy field in the middle of the night while the sound of a werewolf is howling in the background.

Get off my TV.... NOW!!!

0.25/10

Absolute bobbins. Opening sequence.... 2 American City boys randomly walking down narrow country roads in the middle of nowhere, no maps, no directions, pissing down.... I know, let's venture off into this pitch black soggy field in the middle of the night while the sound of a werewolf is howling in the background.

Get off my TV.... NOW!!!

0.25/10
Agree with everything you say. Utter shite, apart from a fleeting appearance from the late and great Brian Glover.

Get off my TV.... NOW!!!

0.25/10
Remember watching that when I was a kid.

I was scared shitless.

When you see it now it’s a steaming pile of dung.

Miracle Mile (1988)

Musician Harry Washello (Anthony Edwards) sits down at a Los Angeles diner, where he instantly takes an interest in waitress Julie Peters (Mare Winningham). The feeling is mutual, too, so the pair arranges a date for later that day. But things go awry when Harry picks up a random pay phone call from a frantic soldier who warns of a nuclear attack that will hit L.A. within the hour. Scrambling, Harry finds Julie and the two do everything they can to escape to safety.

Proper, proper, PROPER 80's movie to the max. Dripping in that distinct late 80s aesthetic and soundtrack. The 'most 80s film I've ever seen'

View attachment 4313

It's amazing. Very surreal and daft, without venturing off into slapstick goof ball territory often see with these types of movies.

If you're a fan of the 80s aesthetic, the unmistakable 'of its time' authenticity... This will blow your mind.

Loved it - 8/10
What’s it on pal?

Get off my TV.... NOW!!!

0.25/10
You'll love Dog Soldiers.

A Quiet Place: Part 2. Great sequel, think I preferred it to the first one in fact! The acting from the 2 kids was brilliant, especially the part with the bear trap. Actually gasped in the cinema haha! Really hoping that they do a third film.

A Quiet Place: Part 2. Great sequel, think I preferred it to the first one in fact! The acting from the 2 kids was brilliant, especially the part with the bear trap. Actually gasped in the cinema haha! Really hoping that they do a third film.

If you haven't seen it already, I think you'd like "Bird box" on Netflix. Very similar premise.

It does polorize opinion, some say it's awful, some say it's amazing.

Very much a marmite movie, but I really enjoyed it.

Watched this last night, not my kind of movie but persevered with it till the end. Plenty of action but found the storyline hard to follow, maybe due to the increased gin intake as the film wasn’t my cup of tea.
Ray Winstone with a Russian accent was a bit weird.
It wasn’t Marvellous, 5/10