Rate the movie you've last seen

MrHodgeheg123

Tickety-boo
No Time To Die 7.5/10

I enjoyed it overall, there's some superb action scenes, car chases etc but a few things niggled me about it, I won't mention them yet so I don't spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

Was it better than Skyfall? No, but It was far better than Spectre though.
I think Skyfall is the best Daniel Craig Bond film by a distance and probably the best ever.
He's been a terrific Bond and dare I say better than Mr.Connery (well maybe).

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Staff member
Patron
I think Skyfall is the best Daniel Craig Bond film by a distance and probably the best ever.
I agree with you there, Skyfall set the bar so high I think they'll always struggle to make another Bond film that comes close to it and Daniel Craig has been outstanding.

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
I agree with you there, Skyfall set the bar so high I think they'll always struggle to make another Bond film that comes close to it and Daniel Craig has been outstanding.

I ended up reading the spoiler to No Time To Die which was a bummer.
Interesting to know where they'll go with the next film.

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
There was a message in the end credits that said "James Bond will return" so all is not what it seems.

James Bond films aren't usually linked together, the Daniel Craig ones are the exception, so I guess they'll just get a new Bond actor and a new story completely unrelated to the Daniel Craig ones.

Muzza

Forum Patron
Patron

Still prefer Roger Moore.

beagleman

Advisor to the Owner
Watched an unusual film on amazon last night called Ready or Not. Basically a newly married bride is at her in laws country house in America. They have a tradition of playing games to ward off bad luck. She picks a card to play hide and seek but it becomes a case of she has to stay hidden till daybreak to win and if she is found then she is murdered. Better than it should be and the ending is just wtaf!
90 mins of mayhem and comedy.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Actually I would give 'Tales of Ordinary Madness' a miss, recollections can be misguided and it is awful to watch, about an alcoholic poet, and a complete fuck up. Trended in the time of weird movies, such as Warhol stuff. but today is shit.

noelpne

Forum Patron
Patron
On late, tonight for a 2nd time (after being on the Terrestial 'Horror' Channel again, just last Friday 19 Nov.)
"REVENGE" story of a beautiful young girl after her being raped & left for dead.
Definitely worth watching. I know it's on late, but most people can record it can't they?
Once Upon a Time in America. 8/10
Worth it simply for Claudia
Cardinale. Fonda the iceman I loved to hate.

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
The Lady in the Van.

It's based on a true (presumably) account given by Alan Bennett of a former nun who basically lives in a van on his street.

I personally wasn't bothered about the lady in the van, who was played by Maggie Smith, what I enjoyed was Alex Jenning's part as Bennett, the little hints they drop in the film, the way they often show two of him to depict how he 'talks to himself' as he does with his monologues.
The truth is it was one of those two hour long films that you probably could switch off half way through, not because it sucked but because nothing really happens.

I'll give it a 6.5/10.

Wibble

Forum Patron
Patron
The new James Bond film. Thought it pandered to Daniel Craig's last outing as 007 rather than being what a Bond film should be about and it suffers for that.

On for the best part of 3 hours, some of it was alright, mostly bit of a stretch. A disappointing 4/10

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
Blue Story on Netflix.

Imagine Top Boy, except a rapper pops every so often to do a Greek Chorus, Greek Choruses are basically when someone who isn't part of a play poetically describes what's just happened. I think Romeo and Juliet has one, but I could be wrong, been a while since I read it.

I'll be honest, I didn't like the Greek Chorus thing. I thought it was a good, heavy London roadman gang type story but I got annoyed when the rapper would be sat there in the kitchen.
I think maybe it cuts the tension the film creates? I don't know, it just felt naff to me.

I'd give it a 7/10, I preferred it to The Intent, which is the other go to London roadman film on Netflix.

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
Oh and Ordinary Love, also on Netflix.

Liam Neeson and Lesley Manville star as a long married couple, she ends up being diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
It shows ordinary conversations and emotions two people who have been married for a long time have, it's well written I think.
A bit heavy going if you're easily moved by films, I guess it teaches us to hold on to those we love.

8/10.