PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rate the movie you've last seen

Not copying Portishead I swear...

I Came By.

A film about a graffiti artist who enters a high profile judges house, things get out of control.

I thought the film was good, but the ending was really lame.
The amount of times people write good storylines but for whatever reason seem to lose it at the end is just silly.

If it wasn't for the originality of the film I'd give it 6/10, but 7/10 is what I'll score it.

We also watched The House, a series of stop start motion films. Admittedly we only got as far as the first one which comprised of a family made of what looked like pompom fibres who move into this strange house. Just a bit too random for me but I thought the creativity of the figurines was really good. It felt like a bit of a Wallace and Gromit meets Tim Burton sort of thing... There were three other segments involving different storylines characters etc. Couldn't be bothered to watch. 7/10.
I find that a lot with books as well, it's so frustrating to be gripped for most of the story and then just let down. Seems like they never thought about how the ending should be and just rush to finish it.

We also watched The House, a series of stop start motion films. Admittedly we only got as far as the first one which comprised of a family made of what looked like pompom fibres who move into this strange house. Just a bit too random for me but I thought the creativity of the figurines was really good. It felt like a bit of a Wallace and Gromit meets Tim Burton sort of thing... There were three other segments involving different storylines characters etc. Couldn't be bothered to watch. 7/10.
My sisters boyfriend was an animator on The House which is the only reason why i stuck with it to the end, was far too weird for me

I find that a lot with books as well, it's so frustrating to be gripped for most of the story and then just let down. Seems like they never thought about how the ending should be and just rush to finish it.

It's really annoying, if only they'd put a disclaimer at the bottom of the page/screen to say 'our ending is going to be a bit naff, so switch off now if you value your time.'

My sisters boyfriend was an animator on The House which is the only reason why i stuck with it to the end, was far too weird for me

Does it get any better after the first bit? 😂
I did enjoy the animation on that first storyline, my wife found the little girl very cute.

Don’t Worry Darling.

So, after all the behind the scenes controversies/rumours I didn’t actually know what this film was about. Must say I was pleasantly surprised by the story although maybe the ending was rushed. Harry Styles was ok in the lead role imo, but Florence Pugh was incredible. Decent enough 3/5 is a fair rating.

Just somethin that works well on a few places I go to.
Also watched Man on fire again which is top - 8/10

Put up some of the last films you seen and rate them yourself.

Other people can talk about the film you rated but put their own ratings on films they just seen too.
The original Man on Fire?

Pig - 8/10 unusual role for Cage. A bit slow paced for me but nevertheless I enjoyed it.

Bull 8/10 British revenge thriller, very violent, not for the squeamish. I loved it.

Crimes of the future 1/10 Cronenburg has directed some great films over the last 5 decades & also some bad ones. This falls into the latter group. in fact it’s utter shite.

Bullet Train 7/10 Gangster type action movie set on a train. Was ok, gave it 2 extra points for being set on a train.

Bodies Bodies Bodies. 5/10 Slasher type movie set in a rich kids house, has a party, they play a game… some of them die zzz

Pig - 8/10 unusual role for Cage. A bit slow paced for me but nevertheless I enjoyed it.

Bull 8/10 British revenge thriller, very violent, not for the squeamish. I loved it.

Crimes of the future 1/10 Cronenburg has directed some great films over the last 5 decades & also some bad ones. This falls into the latter group. in fact it’s utter shite.

Bullet Train 7/10 Gangster type action movie set on a train. Was ok, gave it 2 extra points for being set on a train.

Bodies Bodies Bodies. 5/10 Slasher type movie set in a rich kids house, has a party, they play a game… some of them die zzz
Can Cronenbourg play up front on Saturday 1/10 is pretty good :)

The Last Vermeer on Netflix. 8/10.

About a famous Dutch artist/dealer that sold expensive art to the Nazis and was pursued by authorities immediately post war. Watched with wife. Very good. Guy Pearce out of Memrnto plays a great role

The Last Vermeer on Netflix. 8/10.

About a famous Dutch artist/dealer that sold expensive art to the Nazis and was pursued by authorities immediately post war. Watched with wife. Very good. Guy Pearce out of Memrnto plays a great role

He’ll always be Guy Pearce out of Neighbours to me.

Dear god.. Just been to suffer Black Adam.... For all that is sacred dont bother... I will summarise...
Exposition.. Crash.. Bash... Cgi battle... More exposition... Bash crash... Cgi battle.. The end.... Oh.. Gratuitous after credit scene....
Shite.

7 Psychopaths on All4 for a few more days. 8/10. Funny. Violent gangster comedy with Christopher Walken, Woody Harrelson and Colin Farrell.

All quiet on western front on netflix... Bloody hell... Have put it on English dubbed... Read it years ago... Bloody horrible but fascinating...