PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rate the movie you've last seen

Potent

Just somethin that works well on a few places I go to.
Also watched Man on fire again which is top - 8/10

Put up some of the last films you seen and rate them yourself.

Other people can talk about the film you rated but put their own ratings on films they just seen too.

I loved Man On Fire, terrific cinematography.

I watch a lot of films, the last I saw was Red - about an old man (Brian Cox) whose dog is killed by some American "yoofs".

It's a tale of revenge which spirals out of control, I'd recommend it for anyone who's not too bothered about watching blockbusters all the time.

Dogma.

A superb film and take on the christian religion, catholic church and faith in general.

Very funny, thought provoking and a bit teary at the end.

Master and Commander - OK, it's period stuff but good old 'boys own' escapism and we kick ass the Frogs...again! Pretty good cinematography, as well.

Rachel Getting Married - a grown up's "Meet the Parents", some of the humour is very a la Gavin & Stacey. Anne Hathaway is beautiful. Very good film from acclaimed director J.Demme - 8.5/10

Danny, I fully agree with you regards Man on Fire and the cinematography. Superbly executed.

The last film I saw... Superbad. Simple, mindless fun. No need to take it too seriously. Some brilliantly funny moments but tails off towards the end. A good 7/10 comedy.

Seven- 9/10 (Absolutely fantastic film, made all the better by the fact that I love Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman!)
Public Enemies- 8/10 (Very good take on the final stretch of John Dillinger's life and Jonny Depp once again turns in a fantastic performance.)
Citizen Kane- 8/10. (Very random at some points and if you don't pay attention, you won't get it. But good film anyway)

Dogma.

A superb film and take on the christian religion, catholic church and faith in general.

You wouldn't be out of place in Belfast, you come across as a protestant bigot.

I would wager you "support" Glasgow Rangers too.

Stranger than Fiction

8/10

Will Ferrell plays a man who life is turned upside down when he finds out hes actually just a character in an authors book. quirky, well acted, well shot and an interesting story.

Road to Perdition - 8.5/10

First time I'd seen this and thought it was excellent, capped off by a brilliant performance from Tom Hanks.

As a sidenote, considering Film4 is a free channel, I think they often have some very good films on for those who may not have looked at it before.

You wouldn't be out of place in Belfast, you come across as a protestant bigot.

I would wager you "support" Glasgow Rangers too.

What the fuck has that got to do with anything? If you'd bother to actually watch the film rather than just pass comment you may see what I mean.

Anything to turn a thread's focus on to you.

What the fuck has that got to do with anything? If you'd bother to actually watch the film rather than just pass comment you may see what I mean.

Anything to turn a thread's focus on to you.

Apologies, I thought you were having a dig at catholics again, you have got form.

Dogma.

Spies Like Us - Relatively funny 80's sendup of the spy film genre. Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd play inept secret agent decoys sent to Asia as fall guys in a nuclear espionage plot. Numerous gags, many faltering but Chase and Aykroyd play off each other very well. Directed with all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop by John Landis. 6/10

Spies Like Us - Relatively funny 80's sendup of the spy film genre. Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd play inept secret agent decoys sent to Asia as fall guys in a nuclear espionage plot. Numerous gags, many faltering but Chase and Aykroyd play off each other very well. Directed with all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop by John Landis. 6/10

A lot of people don't like Chevvy Chase, I find him absolutley hilarious.

Apologies, I thought you were having a dig at catholics again, you have got form.

The film is a take on religion/faith as a whole. Catholicism is focused on because the film is set in America and the main character is Catholic. However it isn't just on hour and a half of attacks on the catholic church.

A lot of people don't like Chevvy Chase, I find him absolutley hilarious.

I agree, he is funny, in that none offensive kind of way. Will Farrell is this decades version of him, but a bit more outrageous. Chevy Chase was offered the lead role in American Beauty but turned it down because he thought it would harm his family friendly image. Kevin Spacey took it and won the Oscar. I reckon he could have re-launched his career if he had taken that role.