PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Reading deducted 6 points.

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron

How do you capitalise on another clubs point deduction?

Its not like the points are reallocated.
By attempting to mount a playoff attempt when usually competitive clubs like Derby & Reading aren't in the mix, not rocket science to work out.

It's only a 6 point deduction atm.

Maybe increased by a further 6 towards the end of the season.

Very crafty that they were able to sign Andy Carrol and then 2 days later this ! Smacks of more :poop:.

I knew about them last season, another one that I think will get further deductions down the line.

There may well be more yet.
Let’s hope so….

Does the punishment fit the crime?

They have tried to game the system by breaking FFP. They have cheated all of the other clubs who have abided by those rules. They will have taken points off teams that will have missed out on automatic promotion, have missed getting into the play-offs, or have been relegated.

Yet for having done this, either deliberately or through financial mismanagement, they are deducted a mere 6 points - and while they drop a few places they are still outside the relegation zone.

Financial Fair Play in the EFL is not Fit For Purpose.