PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Reading v PNE - 04/11/22 - KO:20:00 - Championship

We have scored first in six championship games this season. Won all six.

That is a brilliant stat because although we are notoriously slow starters it shows how resolute and resilient we are When under the cosh.

There are two other games in which we have taken the lead (having not scored the first goal) - and we won those as well. (and another one if you count the EFL cup games).

So every time we've taken the lead this season (8 league matches), we have gone on to win. That's definitely not something that Arsenal, or Man City, or Burnley can say. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if we're the only team in the country to have a 100% success rate of turning a lead into victory.

Glancing header and outside of right foot finish from Ched we’re rather quite good.

On those 2 finishes, and the work rate, what would you pay for that striker ?
I wouldn't pay for a player based off one game.

Evans had just battled hard to hold up the ball about 10 yards or more into his own half that was key to setting up the break.

Woodburn did very well. Only had one player (who was well marked) ahead of him - and I feared he was going to just panic and try a glory pass or glory shot - but he bided his time.
Note that Evans was involved in the build up to both his own goals through decent combative forward hold up play. He has more know-how than any of our other strikers - just wish he was physically a bit quicker then you’d have a right player.

Obviously buzzing, but what does this manager have against DJ? He’s far better than Ben Woodburn. The whole team went to pot when he made that change.

Gutted for DJ - he’s been fantastic for us and it looks like he’ll leave on a negative note.

You do realise we went 2-1 up when he made that change and Ben woodburn got the assist? So now we didn’t go to pot.

Just because he brought a player off doesn’t mean he has something against him. He brought Riis off for maguire probably because he was shattered after playing three games in six days yet you still have fans making shit up saying ‘he doesn’t like Riis.’

There are two other games in which we have taken the lead (having not scored the first goal) - and we won those as well. (and another one if you count the EFL cup games).

So every time we've taken the lead this season (8 league matches), we have gone on to win. That's definitely not something that Arsenal, or Man City, or Burnley can say. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if we're the only team in the country to have a 100% success rate of turning a lead into victory.

Yeah that is some going. I remember under Grayson we used to be awful at losing leads.

Even under Neil we lost the lead 9 times in the 19/20 season and 8 times in the 17/18 season. To take the lead and win every game is an outstanding stat especially as we are almost half way though the season.

Evans had just battled hard to hold up the ball about 10 yards or more into his own half that was key to setting up the break.

Woodburn did very well. Only had one player (who was well marked) ahead of him - and I feared he was going to just panic and try a glory pass or glory shot - but he bided his time.
Joke reg. Boy done good. ;)

You can spin anything to fit. Least goals from open play in the league before tonight. Lower win % than Frankie.

It’s all numbers to fit.

We are on a good run at the minute and he seems to have changed formation and systems and I’m sure that’s a lot to do with Mike marsh as well.

Why is it when we are in a good run Mike Marsh must always get a mention. Lowe’s the manager. Give him the main credit.

I’m not spinning anything. It was you who spinned it the other week when you said he is ‘hanging the experienced played out to dry’ and he has lost the dressing room. Clearly not the case and in my opinion just poor bull shit from someone who has an agenda against him.

We are fifth in the league with not a great squad. That isn’t spinning anything. We have five defeats all season with the best defence. Again not spinning anything. Just facts.

What have I just wasted 40 seconds of my life on?

FFS, if you got sent to Siberia for shite music the likes of Jedward would have been there already.
I thought they had turned the heating and hot water off in the away dressing room or summat. 😟

I’ve literally said how well Lindsay has done, how well Storey has done, how Robbie Brady is a top player in this division amongst a host of other stuff. I also said Riis had a shocker today, and I will also reiterate that Ryan Ledsons entirely unnecessary long passing today was shit. Because it was. Can’t remember him finding a man once with a pass over 10 yards. It’s not about glass half full it’s about a football match that naturally has infinite variables and those variables naturally become talking points, which I would’ve thought on a forum about football would have been okay to discuss. I commented on the football, you told me to give it a rest? Offer a rebuttal on the football or something mate, I thought that’s what this existed for.
The content police on the matchday thread do get a bit tedious.

The thread isn't here for predicting the outcome - the Prediction League is here for that. So no one's "fickle" and there's no "humble pie" to be served at full time if (for example) a player who plays shit in the first half (and people say so) plays better in the second half.

And it's not here so we can relentlessly glass-half-full happy-clap the lads to victory either - because the lads aren't reading it. If you want to do that, you need to go to the game.

The MDT is here for people to post their visceral, minute-by-minute thoughts on the game in real-time, good or bad, positive or negative, as the game is ongoing. So that when it's read through later, it paints a picture of how the match actually went, according to a lot of different, conflicting voices, not just the voice the content police would prefer.

You do realise we went 2-1 up when he made that change and Ben woodburn got the assist? So now we didn’t go to pot.

Just because he brought a player off doesn’t mean he has something against him. He brought Riis off for maguire probably because he was shattered after playing three games in six days yet you still have fans making shit up saying ‘he doesn’t like Riis.’
Did you actually watch the game?

Harrop, sorry Woodburn, came on at 0-1, and ran around meaninglessly as he always does. Even with Ched’s winner, I think that was our only attack after the first goal. Lost our structure and any bit of rhythm we had when Johnson went off.

Since 9pm, we’ve had two new threads put up about us being 5th on AVFTT.

Obviously we’re absolutely shite and we’ve managed to cheat our way there!

Absolutely love knowing we’ll always be rent free in those little heads of theirs
Avftt + Shitstool fc Basically suffer from Small man Syndrome !!

hahahaha obviously didnt watch the game

Did you actually watch the game?

Harrop, sorry Woodburn, came on at 0-1, and ran around meaninglessly as he always does. Even with Ched’s winner, I think that was our only attack after the first goal. Lost our structure and any bit of rhythm we had when Johnson went off.

Yes I did. We didn’t have many attacks first half with DJ on the pitch either.

DJ played ok last night but he wasn’t brilliant. But like I said just because the manager takes him off doesn’t mean he has a problem with him. Fans just love to look for drama that isn’t there.

Did you watch the game?