• Undecided

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Realistic

usual liker
Patron
My imagination isn't that vivid :)
However securing the services of Jermaine Beckford to help haul us out of league one paid dividends in the short term.
Getting somebody in now to fire us to the top looks to border on mission impossible.
We can but hope (dream).
An inspired move which got us out of there and ended our catastrophic run. Jermaine Beckford (y)

calgarywhite

First Team
Once we get to 50 points I will relax. Without investment we'll be treading water again. It would also help if we tried to win games rather than just trying to nutralise the opposition. Optimistic - top half. Pessimistic- bottom 6.

LostinSpace

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Staff member
Patron
I'm not voting because I honestly haven't a clue. There's always the chance that we get lucky and get to the play offs if everything goes well and that's how I'll start the season, as always. There's no point being a PNE fan if you can't be optimistic imo. 😂

KeithLard

Forum Patron
Patron
We've no chance of top 6 with the three down from the Premier and other clubs on parachute payments & spending big bucks. Top half is possible, but more likely we will be around where we are now.

Hopefully now that Neil has gone we will take the Cups seriously and we can have a good run for a change. And 6 points off Blackpool to send them back down would be nice too.

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
So you will accept mediocracy thought as much well its time now for some ambition while we still have some loyal supporters left

You accept it too as you keep paying to go on. Just moaning more doesn't make your viewpoint more correct than mine.

I am a bit tired of the dummy thrown out of the pram attitude of a lot on here. It's boring. Yes, I get that people have been going on for 50 years and not seen them in the top flight. That's just life. If you only got into it to see that you really picked the wrong club. We are much better than we were when I started going on and as a previous poster on here has said, you need a touch of optimism to go on here.

To me, it's like someone moaning they have been working at an office for seven years and they still haven't married the secretary they've fancied. That's unfortunate, but in reality, they never had any right to.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
We've no chance of top 6 with the three down from the Premier and other clubs on parachute payments & spending big bucks. Top half is possible, but more likely we will be around where we are now.

Hopefully now that Neil has gone we will take the Cups seriously and we can have a good run for a change. And 6 points off Blackpool to send them back down would be nice too.

The last decent cup run we had was the 14/15 season when we lost to man United in the fifth round.

We haven’t had anything come close since. The best match since then was when we just lost to arsenal 2-1. Very unlucky but we don’t give it a go usually.

Sometimes I understand making three or four changes to give some of the fringe players a chance but making 10/11 changes is ridiculous.

Think since promotion we have lost to Accrington, Peterborough, Doncaster, Wycombe, Norwich reserves in cup competitions. We have made the fourth round once since Neil took charge which quite frankly is disgusting.

Dreyfuss

Manager
To me, it's like someone moaning they have been working at an office for seven years and they still haven't married the secretary they've fancied. That's unfortunate, but in reality, they never had any right to.
But, when the secretary's been shagging anything else that moves; you might wonder perhaps if our jumble sale styled wardrobe and knock off cologne might need a change up.

Joanpne

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm okay with mid table as long as the squad is developing and some assets are actually getting game time. We need some youth in the first team.
I am never ok with mid table it’s just a place the owner is satisfied with. I don’t really see the point in taking part if you don’t intend going anywhere. I have voted undecided because I fear the worst but am always hopeful of the best.

pne_monster

Advisor to the Owner
I’ve gone for 7-12th - and that is my optimistic opinion! To get top 6 we’d need 3 or 4 quality additions and I don’t think we’ll get them.

Gerona

Manager
Gone for 13th -18th. I don't expect big investment so we will bob around mid table. Just want to attend a match and have a craich. What we need do is go for a cup run get things buzzin.