PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Referee worse than legend Barry Knight?

I was there too.

Don’t remember getting that worked up but then that’s not my style.

Iirc it all seemed a bit surreal.

Thanks Sid for date of match. I don't remember as many fans, me included, going as mental about the ref as at that game, really changed the outcome of the match. He was a disgrace.

I was apoplectic that day. Forest was my local championship ground at the time and many friends/neighbours supported them. Not sure if they were winding me up but they didn't have much sympathy!

Just read this about Barry Knight, he's clearly not a fan of lancastrians wonder what we did to piss him off so much? 😂

"In May 2000, during a Football League First Division play-off semi-final between Bolton Wanderers and Ipswich Town he issued 12 yellow and two red cards to Bolton players, and none to Ipswich players, whilst awarding three highly controversial penalties in Ipswich's favour."

Isn't Knight the one where the club set up a petition for us fans to sign at Deepdale, for him never to referee another North End game after that farce of a performance?

I seem to remember something like that happening.