Referees and sendings off..

europne

First Team
I’ve just listened to John Coleman talking about how referees are unapproachable and don’t seem to be pulled up for their mistakes, I do feel for the fella tbh, I think they got a raw deal.
As did Ipswich who had a shocking penalty decision against them given and a stonewall penalty turned down.

Some sendings off for 2 soft yellows are just ridiculous and totally ruin a game.The game has moved on but refereeing is stuck in the last century still both in how it is applied, and in the way that referees cannot be criticised without managers getting in hot water.

It is a massively difficult thing to do, but there has got to be a better way, and they need to be answerable and made to explain their actions.

mozzchops

First Team
I thought it was two definite yellows against Accrington. Correct decision for the Derby sending off too.

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Until all referee’s interpret the laws of the games the same, Referee’s will still get it wrong and Var will be useless.

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
Kathryn;n3427541 said:
The Wednesday fans don’t seem too happy with VAR.
Personally thought both decisions were correct. I can understand the annoyance given they didn't get the corner though.

Kathryn

First Team
paddysr;n3427593 said:
Personally thought both decisions were correct. I can understand the annoyance given they didn't get the corner though.
I agree, but if VAR was not available the penalty decision wouldn’t have been rescinded.

pne4ever

First Team
Refs and linesman do miss some crucial incidents. Ipswich denied a goal/penalty by a blatant Villa hand ball at the weekend.
IMO the fourth official would be better off miked up and positioned up in the stand where an incident like this might have been spotted.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
paddysr;n3427593 said:
The guidelines / rules / laws or whatever they are state that a drop ball is the right result from that incident. I guess it depends on when he blew his whistle, dunno, but even if a drop ball is right then I would have thought a proper one would have been the right thing to do and not just give it to Chelsea.

Strongbow

First Team
It's always the referee, the linesman or VAR and lack off that at fault ..... and all the while the cheating shyster's wearing the kits never get a mention, strange that.

Joanpne

Forum Patron
Patron
It's always the referee, the linesman or VAR and lack off that at fault ..... and all the while the cheating shyster's wearing the kits never get a mention, strange that.

Have to agree with you. What really gets my goat is the way fellow professionals start waving invisible cards at a referee trying to get another professional sent off! What the actual hell is that all about. I couldn’t imagine running up to a manager asking for another worker to be suspended (unless of course there was threat of harm or damage).