Regular nights out

S

Space Indaver

Reet Prestonians,

Does anyone know of any recurring nights out in town? Hopefully we can get together a decent list for every night of the week so there's always something to go out and do on a whim (no jokes) ;)

It can include anything; cheap drinks nights, quizzes, live music, specific club nights, comedy, anything that happens regularly.

If people post things up, I'll add them to the first post and use my sway with the Modinators to get it stickied. ;)

I'll start:
Weekly:

Monday
  • Roper Hall - Free in and £1 per pint
  • Squires/New York New York - £4 in - General pop, hip-hop and cheese
Tuesday
  • PR1 - "Where's Mavis?" rock, metal, indie, alternative night. Indie and electro/dance in the smaller room. £2 in, £3 after 12 (I think)
  • Lane Ends - Quiz night
Thursday
  • 53degrees - "Promo" night - indie/rock/electro upstairs with live bands 'til around 11.30, DJ all night. Dance, hip-hop, pop downstairs. Tickets from Source bar beforehand, £5 max
  • Mad Ferret - Quiz night
Friday
  • Warehouse - all types of indie/electro/rock and roll from the last 40 years on the ground floor, EMO/Scene/Punk middle floor and Thrash/Heavy Rock up top. £2/£5 in (11:30pm price change) and probably the cheapest club drinks going
  • Roper Hall - indie-pop and music channel indie classics with an impressive airing of upcoming releases between 10:30-12:00. £3/£6 in with/without yellow card
Saturday
  • The Old Black Bull - live bands on every week, generally rock. Free in, acceptable ale
  • Warehouse - metal/rock/punk on the bottom floor, present day indie/electro on the middle floor, classic indie/rock and roll/electro/soul/motown on the top floor - sweaty and loud, drinking beforehand highly recommended. £2/£5 in (11:30pm price change), steep but a good night out and cheap drinks
  • Roper Hall - cheese HQ. £3/£6 in with/without yellow card
Sunday
  • The Old Vic, Friargate - Quiz: starts about 8.30, 60 questions. Free entry to win a gallon of beer, or a bottle of wine for 2nd & 3rd teams. Enter raffle for drinks and prizes after R4, and a chance at £100 prize 3Q jackpot at the end. Bar till 1a.m.
Monthly:
  • First Tuesday (except August) - For Fox Sake - comedy night with MC Alan Donegan at Fox & Grapes, Fox Street. Free entry, starts 9ish, bar till midnight. Quality headliner comedian with national reputation, with usually 2 supports from a 40 mile radius.
Quarterly:
  • From PNE-Online's very own Tark: "Our Screaming Theatre group is doing 4 plays a year at Upstairs @ The Adelphi with a growing reputation, each with a 3 night run but we're not 'regular' yet. We bring a touch of the Edinburgh Fringe to Preston, and the kind of contemporary plays that you won't see in our city if it were not for us. Live theatre over a pint or 4 for £4? You can't beat it for value, honest!" - I'm sure he'll keep us up to date in this thread!

Last edited:
OP
T

thegooooooooooch

[*]Warehouse - metal on the bottom floor, punk/rock on the middle floor, indie/rock/punk anthems on the top floor - sweaty and loud, drinking beforehand highly recommended. Max £4 in, steep but a good night out and fairly cheap drinks[/LIST]

Warehouse on Saturday is metal/rock/punk on the ground floor, present day indie/electro middle floor and classic indie/rock and roll/electro/soul/motown on the top floor. £2-£4 in and probably the cheapest club drinks going.
Friday nights are all types of indie/electro/rock and roll from the last 40 years on the ground floor, EMO/Scene/Punk middle floor and Thrash/Heavy Rock up top. On Fridays watch out for the droves of underage Newman kids!

Roper on Friday is indie-pop and music channel indie classics with an impressive airing of upcoming releases between 10:30-12:00. £3/£6 in with/without yellow card.
Saturday nights are cheese HQ with the same entrance prices.

tg

OP
S

Space Indaver

Any more for any more? What about quiz nights? I actually don't know of any at all. There's one at the Welly apparently, but I don't know when.

Bing

Manager
Any more for any more? What about quiz nights? I actually don't know of any at all. There's one at the Welly apparently, but I don't know when.

Dave,

I think Monday at the Adelphi is quiz night.

And Thursday at Mad Ferret is quiz night too.

For the record, The Warehouse is £2 to get in before 11.30, £5 to get in afterwards.

Tark

Manager
First Tuesday every month (except August):
For Fox Sake - comedy night with MC Alan Donegan at Fox & Grapes, Fox Street. Free entry, starts 9ish, bar till midnight. Quality headliner comedian with national reputation, with usually 2 supports from a 40 mile radius.

Sunday night Quiz at the Old Vic, Fishergate. Starts about 8.30, 60 questions. Free entry to win a gallon of beer, or a bottle of wine for 2nd & 3rd teams. Enter raffle for drinks and prizes after R4, and a chance at £100 prize 3Q jackpot at the end. Bar till 1a.m.

Our Screaming Theatre group is doing 4 plays a year at Upstairs @ The Adelphi with a growing reputation, each with a 3 night run but we're not 'regular' yet. We bring a touch of the Edinburgh Fringe to Preston, and the kind of contemporary plays that you won't see in our city if it were not for us. Live theatre over a pint or 4 for £4? You can't beat it for value, honest!

Tark

Manager
Should have PM'ed Evad about this - & since I photocopied the A3 posters this afternoon I should remember - but the For Fox Sake support on 1 July is Dave Twentyman, and I'll get back to you on the headliner . . .

thewizard

Youth Team
Saturday night in Warehouse pisses all over Roper.

I frequented Ropers last night, and some top tunes were played. Some decent birds, pity I had Kel's Hero for company! (Only joking cha :D)

Tark

Manager
Quarterly:
  • From PNE-Online's very own Tark: "Our Screaming Theatre group is doing 4 plays a year at Upstairs @ The Adelphi with a growing reputation, each with a 3 night run but we're not 'regular' yet. We bring a touch of the Edinburgh Fringe to Preston, and the kind of contemporary plays that you won't see in our city if it were not for us. Live theatre over a pint or 4 for £4? You can't beat it for value, honest!" - I'm sure he'll keep us up to date in this thread!
Hey Folks, UPDATE:
Our next show is going to be BLUE ORANGE by Joe Penhall Upstairs @ The Adelphi on 14, 15, 16 November. We're auditioning for the 3 cast roles upstairs at The Angel, Lune St on Wed 13 August, 8pm, these being;

Mid 20's, white male
Mid 20's, black male
Mid 40's, white male

No experience is necessary, but a willingness to be fully dedicated to the project is a given. We do have a laugh and plenty of drinks - check here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5003654039
PM me if you're interested in trying out. All people with backstage interest too are welcome.

OP
S

Space Indaver

Saw a banner on the side of Roper saying there's comedy on Sundays? Thougth I'd ask for confirmers on here before sticking it in the first post.