PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Regular nights out

I've changed my avatar to plug the show. It's fucking good. If you've never thought of going to see a funny play before, come to this. You can have a few pints while you watch. It'll be more fun than the cup final was.

Do I assume from this that the show is on on Saturday?
Indeed, Grasshopper. It's why we've had to dimantle the set, lights and sound after Dress tonight to allow footy watchers upstairs tomorrow. We hope to leave the gear up tomorrow night.
Show looking really good. It even mentions football!
I defy anyone to come to this and not have a great time.

Indeed, Grasshopper. It's why we've had to dimantle the set, lights and sound after Dress tonight to allow footy watchers upstairs tomorrow. We hope to leave the gear up tomorrow night.
Show looking really good. It even mentions football!
I defy anyone to come to this and not have a great time.

The other important thing you have neglected to include is the start time.

I am sorely tempted because it is a rare opportunity to go to the Continental, just have to see how timings fit.

The new city centre venue for regular nights out - if you're into all forms of the arts - is the Korova Arts Café & Bar, on the corner of Charnley Street and St Wilfrid's Street. Pop in for a bit to eat, something to drink, something to read and something to look at. Pick up a leaflet there for details of forthcoming events.
Have a look at these FB groups for more info too:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/186792451390404/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/284719014927122/

For a run of 9 Regular Nights Out of theatre, comedy, live music and magic, come along to The TRinge shows at The Angel, The Adelphi, New Continental, Avenham Park Pavilion and Ship Inn from 23-31 July.
Find out about the 22 acts doing 50 odd performances in the city centre at www.tringe.co.uk
There is more to life than just football - especially in the summer

Well Done Derek! :D

Did an interview about it on Radio Lancs today:
Here's their article about one of the Edinburgh Acts coming along to The TRinge:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/content/articles/2009/06/15/tringe_update.shtml

Here'e the BBC icast link to the interview if you want to find out more:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p003chf2/John_Gillmore_16_06_2009/
The show is 3hrs, and my interview is in 3 x 6 minute pieces between about 18mins & 58mins.
1 - Founding of The Tringe & Screaming Theatre, Venues etc,
2 - Comparisons with Edinburgh % Preston
3 - About my play in the festival - The Lift.
When you say fifty odd performances do you mean more than fifty performances or fifty performances that are a bit strange?

Tried something different last Saturday. Instead of the crawl down friar gate with mates or brothers, went into stratos cocktail bar with missus then Tiggis. Quite enjoyed stratos. Excellent cocktails but pricey (paid for thanks to a football acca coming in). Loads of very hot young tottie to stare at while my wife wasn't looking. Nice atmosphere and nice food in Tiggis too. Hadn't been there probably since the mid eighties.

Spark preston

Spark preston

Spark Preston, a part of the nation's first true story-telling club now meets on the last Friday of every month at the Ham & Jam Coffee Shop on Lancaster Road, next door to the Guild Hall at 7.30pm. And it's FREE to come in and join us!
Mine Host Richard ensures we have one-off licensed bars for all our events, as well as offering his delicious tapas and glorious coffees.
People can tell a story on the Theme of the Month to give a guide as to what to talk about, or simply sit and listen, sharing others' experiences.
There are only 3 rules to Spark story telling:
1) The story must be true;
2) It must have happened to you, the story teller, and told in the first person;
3) You have just 5 minutes to tell your story.

Running for 14 events now, past themes have included HOUSE, TROUBLE, OBSESSION & WEIRD. Our upcoming events include SPARK PRESTON...
15) May 26: SPORT;
16) June 30: CHANGE;
17) July 28: ESCAPE; (part of Preston Tringe Week)
18) August 25: REGRET;
19) September 29: LAUGH;
20) October 27: HORROR;
Later ones tbc.

Spark events are open to all ages to listen to or participate in, with U-16s to be accompanied by their guardian, but do be aware that strong language may be used as story tellers get passionate about their tales!

It's a very friendly 'club', started in London 10 years ago, and with Spark events also now going on in Glasgow & Bristol, designed to share life experience in a fun and social way.

Come and join us some time - it's fun! And a great way to meet new and interesting people of all backgrounds.

Had a few pints in Lostock Hall last night. We took in the Wishing Well (formerly Tardy Gate) Pleasant Retreat, Dolphin and The Vic. To be honest they were all a bit ropey, probably preferred The Dolphin out of all of them. Pizza Roma on the way home was the highlight of the evening - superb Pizza!

So I have been told Raef and Nobber have a throw your keys in the pot Friday nights 7.30 PM sharp at his local Labour club in the back room don't forget the gimp masks .

Doggin Beacon Fell Car park most nights after 7pm winter time and 10.30pm summer time .

Free entry and folk generally encouraged to join in if they do so wish .........

No video's* or photographs** allowed without verbal permission or participants .....

**Small charges may be applied on theme evenings .....

???

Doggin Beacon Fell Car park most nights after 7pm winter time and 10.30pm summer time .

Free entry and folk generally encouraged to join in if they do so wish .........

No video's or photographs* allowed without verbal permission or participants .....

**Small charges may be applied on theme evenings .....

???
? ? ?

with his mates Grayling and Boris.
So I have been told Raef and Nobber have a throw your keys in the pot Friday nights 7.30 PM sharp at his local Labour club in the back room don't forget the gimp masks .

Nah. Nobber is at the Con Club with his mates Grayling and Boris.