PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Retained List (Confirmed)

We get it, you don't Like / Rate him.

Still scored 8 goals to be our 3rd top scorer in 19/20.

There is some ability there, if you are a fair person, you'll concede this fact.
Not the bloody EFL Cup/FA Cup goals argument again... There's a reason he played in those sorts of games under AN, while our best players had a rest.

Re "we get it" - this is my first post on this thread that mentions Harrop. Am I not allowed to discuss him at all?

No fair assessment of the player could conclude anything other than 20/21 was a total washout for him.

In presuming forest away despite it being from a yard out

We had half the team out injured at the time

Forest thought they would roll us over but our makeshift team put in a right shift and he bagged the winner , proper limbs job in front of the away end
Yep, I was there that game, great day out to say the least. Finished off nicely towards the end, I'm sure Gally had to come over to the faithful to ask us to calm down. Stewards overhanded as per, I'm sure I saw folk clambering over seats from as far back as rows 6 & 7 to celebrate.

Not the bloody EFL Cup/FA Cup goals argument again... There's a reason he played in those sorts of games under AN, while our best players had a rest.

Re "we get it" - this is my first post on this thread that mentions Harrop. Am I not allowed to discuss him at all?

No fair assessment of the player could conclude anything other than 20/21 was a total washout for him.
Eh?

Every fucking MDT or whatever thread it is, you are posting up Twitter posts regarding him in a negative light. You can't wait.

Verging on trolling.

Why can't you give him a clean slate? Most reasonable people will do under a new manager. If he doesn't cut the mustard this season under Frankie, then he'll be gone, simple as.

He played against

L2 Bradford - scored as a Sub.
Championship Hull - scored
Prem League Norwich - scored

He also got an assist in the Hull game.

What's your shitty point?

Last edited:
Why can't you give him a clean slate? Most reasonable people will do under a new manager. If he doesn't cut the mustard this season under Frankie, then he'll be gone, simple as.

Agreed - Harrop has been frustrating because there is a player of some genuine quality there. It will be up to FM, who I begin to think is quite similar to SG, to get him to perform to his full potential. If that can be achieved then Harrop can still be a considerable asset for us.

Eh?

Every fucking MDT or whatever thread it is, you are posting up Twitter posts regarding him in a negative light. You can't wait.

Verging on trolling.

He played against

L2 Bradford - scored as a Sub.
Championship Hull - scored
Prem League Norwich - scored

He also got an assist in the Hull game.

What's your shitty point?
"We get it" - posters aren't welcome on this forum unless they agree with your narrow range of views.

I'll wait until you've slept off your latest snitty mood.

"We get it" - posters aren't welcome on this forum unless they agree with your narrow range of views.

I'll wait until you've slept off your latest snitty mood.
Oh hello.

Classic Thracia.

We all have to agree with your shitty views and now you're being pulled up, you don't like it.

Gonna vanish for a year again?

I am in a completely healthy mood, no requirement for sleep at this moment in time and for you to try and undermine me in that way shows you up for the snide you are.

Face it, you think you rule the roost on the Footy side of this MB... ***NewsFlash**** You don't sunshine.

If anyone is consistently "narrow" with "their views" on this MB, it is yourself.

I suggest you remove a few of those well positioned boxes from beneath your feet.

Edit - And with this post, he logs off.

Classic move.

Last edited:
Have we though? Has he ever had a decent run in the team in his preferred position under AN?

He just wasn't AN's type of player which made the decision to give him a new long term deal hard to fathom.

I agree 100% with @Staffordwhite I'd like to see him given a decent shot at it by FMc. Harrop himself isn't blameless of course, he needs to do more & grab the opportunity if / when he gets it.

What is his best position though? Is it number ten? (which people seem to think.) If it is he has been up against DJ, Browne and to some extent potts who have all been better over a number of seasons.

The main issue I have with Harrop is that he drifts in and out of games. A striker can get away with that - do nothing and score but an attacking midfielder can't. They need to be involved and try to affect play.

Am I prepared to give him a chance under the new manager? Absolutely but if number ten is his favoured position then he isn't going to get much game time over Browne, DJ and Potts unless he pulls his finger out and start delivering on a more consistent basis.

What is his best position though? Is it number ten? (which people seem to think.) If it is he has been up against DJ, Browne and to some extent potts who have all been better over a number of seasons.

The main issue I have with Harrop is that he drifts in and out of games. A striker can get away with that - do nothing and score but an attacking midfielder can't. They need to be involved and try to affect play.

Am I prepared to give him a chance under the new manager? Absolutely but if number ten is his favoured position then he isn't going to get much game time over Browne, DJ and Potts unless he pulls his finger out and start delivering on a more consistent basis.
Both Browne and DJ, based upon the season just gone, need to pull their collective fingers out.

As it stands, imo, Potts is the #1 in the 10.

Didn’t he play as a second striker for Uniteds U23 squad?

We know he’s decent in front of goal, I wouldn’t be against seeing him play alongside Evans in a two during pre season. Just to see what he’s capable of. He’s not getting in the 10 any time soon and he’s not a left wing back

It‘s ultimately up to Harrop.

That is true but the reality is that how a player performs is the result of several factors one of which is the 'chemistry' between them and the manager. The example of SG, again, and McGeady comes to mind - a player who came to us rather jaded but was then motivated to become for a while possibly the best player in the division. Just possibly FM or PG might do something similar for Harrop.

Both Browne and DJ, based upon the season just gone, need to pull their collective fingers out.

I agree especially DJ.

Browne was starting to come into a little bit of form before the season ended. Played the full 90 minutes of the last five games of the season but DJ i've been disappointed with all season.

I like potts but he didn't start any of the last five games where as Browne did (as number ten) so maybe Frankie is thinking Browne is the number 1 going forward.

Potts brings strength, running and a thunderous shot to that forward midfield role. Browne brings energy, agility and invention. Johnson brings the impression of a talented player who just needs a bit more time, which is why he really needs to be played in a deeper role where he can find the space to collect the ball, run with it and pass it.

Potts brings strength, running and a thunderous shot to that forward midfield role. Browne brings energy, agility and invention. Johnson brings the impression of a talented player who just needs a bit more time, which is why he really needs to be played in a deeper role where he can find the space to collect the ball, run with it and pass it.
Played there in Neil’s first few seasons. Completely wasted, and lead to him getting labelled crap and lazy. He is not a deep lying midfielder. He’s a number 10 and that’s it, and that’s where his best performances have come

Played there in Neil’s first few seasons. Completely wasted, and lead to him getting labelled crap and lazy. He is not a deep lying midfielder. He’s a number 10 and that’s it, and that’s where his best performances have come

And he's not had those for a year now. If we have 3 number 10s in Browne, DJ and Potts, I think someone's gonna have to change position or change club.

This is the issue we have eh, hanging on in quiet desperation is the north end way🎶... hoping that harrop turns out to be what he can be. @Jack Daniels I completely agree about his 19/20 season and goals contribution, he was very decent and contributed, in comparison to Potts they were poles apart that season, now it's flipped, but he's been shite since and we've really got to move these players on (if we can) and take a new approach, I couldn't for a second get excited with seeing if harrop takes his about fourth chance at becoming a regular championship attacking midfielder for pne again. Get rid, a long with loads of others.

Harrop wasn’t the only ‘10’ to not play to their ability in the last 18 months, Browne and DJ regressed badly and Potts was out of form for a long time. I just don’t think Neils system (first season aside) suited them.

I wouldn’t be against selling him, but realistically no ones going to pay the salary he’s on in L1, so rather than him being cast aside we need to get the best out of him and I think Frankie could do that.

We all see things differently. I agree that Johnson is not a defensive midfielder but as I said he needs a bit of time and space when he first collects the ball that he cannot find in a crowded penalty area. But he can do that when he drops back a bit, collects the ball and starts to run at the opposition - that is when he can be really dangerous.

We know he’s decent in front of goal, I wouldn’t be against seeing him play alongside Evans in a two during pre season. Just to see what he’s capable of. He’s not getting in the 10 any time soon and he’s not a left wing back
I said the same to a mate after the Norwich game. Looked more composed in front of goal than any of our strikers. Took his goal well.

There’s no way he’s a striker. Even in a two he just wouldn’t have the physicality to play up front. As a striker you’re expected to enter physical battles and aerial duals with defenders all game. He doesn’t have any pace either. And playing there in U23s football is nothing like in the Championship.

He’s a midfielder. So he either forces his way into the team there, or he goes on loan again and we reassess in 12 months time when he has a year left. I suspect the latter is what will happen.