PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Riis

Believe me son I have a very very good understanding of the game. Hence why I look for more than just the odd goal. If he ends up with 20-25 a season on a regular basis we can overlook his other shortcomings. But I highly doubt he will. In which case he needs to make up with better performances elsewhere in his game. Besides Swansea and Peterborough we haven't seen that
What odds are you offering? I would be long of 20 goals.

Thoughts on today’s performance @DSPP ?
Dear God, can’t believe you’ve asked! I thought he was poor today, in terms of quality. Nothing wrong with work rate, but he didn’t click today. This happens and I’ve no qualms with him. He still made chances for himself, although I’m not quite sure what occurred with the chance from Ledson’s ball at the end of the first half.

On for 20+ goals for the season at this rate.

Missed two easier chances than the one he scored tonight. He gets in some great positions.

Raw talent. He's the next one to go for big money here
Think he'll become a fan favourite. Brilliant workrate and a bit of a 'rough' diamond but he's gradually improving and can't knock the way he's started this season.
Feed the Riis and he will score.

Fully deserved his goal tonight.

Hes so unpredictable though.

Flashes of absolute brilliance and flashes of looking like he’s never played football before.

Fantastic work ethic as well.
Yep, I love that though. He's great entertainment value regardless of whether it comes off or not. He's always making space for himself to do something.....you just don't know what you're going to get!

Flashes of absolute brilliance and flashes of looking like he’s never played football before.

I think your third sentence is the reason he is here and not already at the top level.

Sometimes I feel like he is maybe still trying too hard to make something happen, just needs a little more composure when that moment comes to go past his man or to finish a chance. A few times he's stood on the ball when going to knock it past his man for example.

If it comes which I think it will, we have a real player on our hands. He's already a very effective centre forward, his potential is mental though.

For anyone of a certain vintage!
He reminds me of Roger Davies the old Derby Forward.
Pace, and troublesome to defences with
Loads of skill but yet occasionally looks like bambi on ice.
Anyway he had a darned good career, despite his infamous miss on MOD.
Emulate him & Emil will have a decent career!!!
20 this Season for him I think!

Yep, I love that though. He's great entertainment value regardless of whether it comes off or not. He's always making space for himself to do something.....you just don't know what you're going to get!
Opposition defenders can't predict what he'll do next if even Riis himself has no idea.

Absolutely love this guy.

I said the exact same thing tonight. He worked, worked and worked to keep the ball, did really well. Then did the worse pass I’ve ever seen and give it to them within 2 yards.

Flashes of brilliance and then moments of misery. As I said a couple of weeks ago, he’s raw but someone who scares defences and we don’t have a lot of them. Keep going Riis!

He's going to absolutely tear someone to pieces soon I feel, please, please let it be the Lashers at Bombsite Road.
Yes, a goal or three versus the Lasher's would really cement his start to the season. 7 goals already. And could and should have had more.

It's a real positive sign to be scoring a great individual goal in injury time. No matter how a game is shaping up, he can make something happen from nothing.

And that kind of ability means we have a serious player on our hands. Clubs will be falling over themselves to sign him if he notches 20 goals.

And as you say, one game soon enough, it's all gonna click for him and he'll score a hat trick.

He's going to absolutely tear someone to pieces soon I feel, please, please let it be the Lashers at Bombsite Road.
Today he carved out a few easy chances which he missed, then out away the hardest one.

The fact that he's getting these chances is encouraging. He just needs a bit of luck and the goals will flow imo. Could very possibly get 15, maybe 20 this season.

Imagine if we had this Riis in 19-20 when we went top of the league.