PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Riis

@DSPP you forgetting about the Bournemouth game where Riis’ pace got him round the defender and he laid it on a plate for McCann to score the winner? Or at Blackpool where he played an inch perfect pass to Whiteman who missed a sitter?

He’s not perfect but if he was he’d be in the Premier League. He’s the best striker we’ve had since Nugent the first time round, I’m counting Robbo as a winger.
He said that didn’t count because he could outpace Cahill 😂. Just give up now

Reading away last season, gave their young centre back a ten yard head start and absolutely burned him before tucking it away.

He's an Above average striker who's simply Some-Ways-Down the Very Long path of of being a truly Half Decent striker for PNE for the foreseeable future. Needs a partner and 'foil' to REGULARLY play with, in games & training, and somone else
( a new Gally ? ) apart from DJ to get service from.
Working with Chad for a dozen or so game may just work. It takes time to develop, but I believe it could happen.

Very well said and as usual we will have trouble keeping the lad the more he improves, so let’s enjoy his progress whilst he wears our shirt .
“Pray tell me” (Big Man) how can he possibly progress under the present regime?

Riis has certainly progressed as a goal scorer this season, even without adequate support, in what is a below average team, or is that because of Frankie (below average team).

There will be scouts sniffing around and interest will definitely come, let's hope we don't sell him and PR doesn't decide to cash in, if that happens we are knackered.

Just needs to improve on his close control, if you watch him in the build up to our winner the other night in the centre circle, it was a bit comical, ball pinging off him all over the place, misplaced pass that hit one of their players and luckily went to Whiteman, the rest as you say is history ⚽️

Riis has certainly progressed as a goal scorer this season, even without adequate support, in what is a below average team, or is that because of Frankie (below average team).

There will be scouts sniffing around and interest will definitely come, let's hope we don't sell him and PR doesn't decide to cash in, if that happens we are knackered.
Don't panic. I'm sure PR and his team of scouts will unearth, and spend money, on an adequate replacement. 🙄

Just needs to improve on his close control, if you watch him in the build up to our winner the other night in the centre circle, it was a bit comical, ball pinging off him all over the place, misplaced pass that hit one of their players and luckily went to Whiteman, the rest as you say is history ⚽️
Or an alternative intepretation being that he contriolled a difficult high ball, shielded it well under pressure and moved forward which forced an opponent off his feet into a tackle that fell kindly. After this he got up off his arse and made up over half the pitch in double quick time and was there to finish things off.

i.e. exactly the sort of thing you want a big centre forward to be doing. Excellent play all round.

Yep, he looks a bit awkward at times but the fundamentals to a successful career are all there in that goal.

So you don't think he's improved since the current staff took over?
I think you missed the point. There’s a difference between “improve” and “progress”. In answer to your question: yes he’s improved without a doubt, as he’s adapted his own style of play to the demands of Championship football. Quite how he is going to “progress” is beyond me, because he certainly will not be playing at a higher level with Preston North End.
Oh wait! I forgot, there is a way he can “progress”.
📞📞📞“Hello Premier League Agent X it’s Ridsfail here. Now look we’ve got a Danish lad here whose showing signs of being a good player. Now unfortunately that doesn’t fit the Preston North End model, so we’re flogging him. He’s just signed a new contract so naturally that bumps up the price. Are you interested?”