PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Riis

I think you missed the point. Thereā€™s a difference between ā€œimproveā€ and ā€œprogressā€. In answer to your question: yes heā€™s improved without a doubt, as heā€™s adapted his own style of play to the demands of Championship football. Quite how he is going to ā€œprogressā€ is beyond me, because he certainly will not be playing at a higher level with Preston North End.
Oh wait! I forgot, there is a way he can ā€œprogressā€.
šŸ“žšŸ“žšŸ“žā€œHello Premier League Agent X itā€™s Ridsfail here. Now look weā€™ve got a Danish lad here whose showing signs of being a good player. Now unfortunately that doesnā€™t fit the Preston North End model, so weā€™re flogging him. Heā€™s just signed a new contract so naturally that bumps up the price. Are you interested?ā€

I tend to agree with you but I would just exchange certainly with most likely. The fact that we haven't had one year in the premier league is weighing heavily on everyone now. Worse, I could actually see the Lashers doing it again. I think I'd rather be dead than see that.

I tend to agree with you but I would just exchange certainly with most likely. The fact that we haven't had one year in the premier league is weighing heavily on everyone now. Worse, I could actually see the Lashers doing it again. I think I'd rather be dead than see that.
It is inexplicable, how we have never returned to the top flight in 60 years, beyond comprehension, I have resigned myself to the fact it will never happen in my lifetime...so why do I still support North End...I must be a dickhead?

Go on then Iā€™ll go with ā€œlikelyā€ itā€™s the hope that kills you. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
If the Lashers get up again there is just no justice in the world.

Go on then Iā€™ll go with ā€œlikelyā€ itā€™s the hope that kills you. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
If the Lashers get up again there is just no justice in the world.
The only reason why I believe they could well do it again is that once you've done it, there's no pressure. We had our chance(s) and blew it. I've said it before and it's not anything that makes scientific sense, but PNE (since the greatest ever player retired) have been serial bottlers and gallant losers. Why is that ? How can that be when it's a different team all the time. Nevertheless, as you saw against Liverpool recently, out we go again (and yes we were unlucky) and that is what has to change, but how ?

Watching sky this morning, someone going on about the pyramid system, a good few teams in league 1 have been in premier league, and even a couple in league 2ā€¦ā€¦. Amazing that we havenā€™t !

Or an alternative intepretation being that he contriolled a difficult high ball, shielded it well under pressure and moved forward which forced an opponent off his feet into a tackle that fell kindly. After this he got up off his arse and made up over half the pitch in double quick time and was there to finish things off.

i.e. exactly the sort of thing you want a big centre forward to be doing. Excellent play all round.

Yep, he looks a bit awkward at times but the fundamentals to a successful career are all there in that goal.

I thought he did welll. Was actually suprised when I realised it was him and not evans

The only reason why I believe they could well do it again is that once you've done it, there's no pressure. We had our chance(s) and blew it. I've said it before and it's not anything that makes scientific sense, but PNE (since the greatest ever player retired) have been serial bottlers and gallant losers. Why is that ? How can that be when it's a different team all the time. Nevertheless, as you saw against Liverpool recently, out we go again (and yes we were unlucky) and that is what has to change, but how ?
Iā€™m convinced I know the answer to that. Itā€™s my fault. I was born two months after they were last relegated from the top flight, never to return. Iā€™m not too keen on the obvious solution. āš°ļø šŸ¤­

I think you missed the point. Thereā€™s a difference between ā€œimproveā€ and ā€œprogressā€. In answer to your question: yes heā€™s improved without a doubt, as heā€™s adapted his own style of play to the demands of Championship football. Quite how he is going to ā€œprogressā€ is beyond me, because he certainly will not be playing at a higher level with Preston North End.
Oh wait! I forgot, there is a way he can ā€œprogressā€.
šŸ“žšŸ“žšŸ“žā€œHello Premier League Agent X itā€™s Ridsfail here. Now look weā€™ve got a Danish lad here whose showing signs of being a good player. Now unfortunately that doesnā€™t fit the Preston North End model, so weā€™re flogging him. Heā€™s just signed a new contract so naturally that bumps up the price. Are you interested?ā€

So why not write "play in the premier league" then?

He has progressed.

One to watch according to the NTT20 lads.....

One to watch according to the NTT20 lads.....
Well they need to fuck off with that shite.

Well they need to fuck off with that shite.
Attention like this is positive, adding a zero on maybe. Rest assured the club have a master plan and the next tranche of potential laden players are already identified and primed to sign as soon as we get a serious bid in for riis, and off we go again.

Back in the real world, think we'll get next season out of him too, well that's what I'm hoping for anyway. What an asset and what an opportunity the club has on its hands.