RIP - Dad

Somerset Exile

Forum Patron
Patron
To all North Enders wherever you may be and whatever woes we have at 4am today after a cruel and gruelling struggle with Bowl Cancer my Dad ( rarely posted but SpamFritter on here ) passed at his home in Fulwood with his wife , myself and his two beloved daughters by his side having been present for the last two weeks and 6 nights fighting his last breath against this cruel disease aged 76

My Dad adored the club missed 2 League Home games in 55 Seasons prior to this season when he was too ill to use his Blackpool ticket but managed to watch it on the Big Screen , he has seen including friendlies Preston at over 100 Grounds and took me on from aged 4 and we went from the mid eighties until recent everywhere from Torquay on a Tuesday until his last away game Sheff Utd …he had a heart of gold and I will cherish memories including paying for two fans to get on at Plymouth who had lost there wallet and taking a couple of lads who had broken down back to Leyland - never wanted a thanks just loved real Nobbers …his face I’m sure will be recognisable to many of you North End have lost a Giant … god bless you Dad enjoy watching your team Dad from the sky above

Mortis
Condolences to you and your family at such a sad time for you all.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
Sincere condolences. Your dad was obviously a. fine man and a PNE fan without compare. I am tempted to say he was more of a fan than to the club deserves but it I suspect he would disagree. My dad passed from this life 15 years ago and it still feels as bit unreal that on a return to Preston I don't watch a match with him. You will doubtless feel the same. But when you do watch a match a bit of him will live on in you.

Mooney

Manager
Sorry to read of your loss. To the best of my knowledge I've never met you or your dad, but he sounded like a top fella. Losing a parent is brutal and difficult to come to terms with, deepest condolences to you and all your family.

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
To all North Enders wherever you may be and whatever woes we have at 4am today after a cruel and gruelling struggle with Bowl Cancer my Dad ( rarely posted but SpamFritter on here ) passed at his home in Fulwood with his wife , myself and his two beloved daughters by his side having been present for the last two weeks and 6 nights fighting his last breath against this cruel disease aged 76

My Dad adored the club missed 2 League Home games in 55 Seasons prior to this season when he was too ill to use his Blackpool ticket but managed to watch it on the Big Screen , he has seen including friendlies Preston at over 100 Grounds and took me on from aged 4 and we went from the mid eighties until recent everywhere from Torquay on a Tuesday until his last away game Sheff Utd …he had a heart of gold and I will cherish memories including paying for two fans to get on at Plymouth who had lost there wallet and taking a couple of lads who had broken down back to Leyland - never wanted a thanks just loved real Nobbers …his face I’m sure will be recognisable to many of you North End have lost a Giant … god bless you Dad enjoy watching your team Dad from the sky above

Mortis
Touched by your loss mate. Sounds like he was a gem!

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron

Mortis
So sorry for your loss.

Your dad sounded a good man.

May he Rest In Peace.

Lwigmore

Manager

Mortis
Condolences to you and your family @Mortis