RIP Gerry Marsden

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
Writer and singer of “ You’ll never walk alone “ has passed away....

RIP Gerry....
Sad news. Always one of my favourites. You'll Never Walk Alone was one of the first records I bought. The band were the first ever act to reach number one in the UK charts with their first three singles.

Never as prolific as their Liverpool contemporaries, The Beatles, Gerry nevertheless wrote some great tunes that will live on - Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying and Ferry 'cross the Mersey in particular.

RIP Gerry and condolences to his loved ones.

OP
A

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I don't support either club but this brings a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye😢
Totally agree with this and I would go even further , I don’t like Liverpool or Celtic , but this song always brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye......

OP
A

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Rip Gerry sorry Ando but gerry did not write it. "You'll Never Walk Alone" is a show tune from the 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel. In the second act of the musical.
Good point Donald.... own goal from me !!

I should have known, I once sang the musical version on Karaoke whilst being on holiday in Almeria.......

Last edited:

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Totally agree with this and I would go even further , I don’t like Liverpool or Celtic , but this song always brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye......
Used to love singing it at Deepdale. Used to be a fairly regular song. Maybe lasted into the early 80s. When do people reckon it was last sung (by us!) home or away?

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
We have a gang of Everton fans on one side of the family. They took a strange dislike to me when I played this song on repeat at a big family gathering many years ago. Never understood why, it's a lovely ditty.