RIP Mark Yates

shabbagaz

Forum Patron
Patron

Only just found out when I read the Blog Preston article. He was my local councillor on Larches Ward and was always incredibly helpful and a great guy. This has certainly come as a shock.

RIP Mark - thoughts are with all his family and friends.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron

Only just found out when I read the Blog Preston article. He was my local councillor on Larches Ward and was always incredibly helpful and a great guy. This has certainly come as a shock.

RIP Mark - thoughts are with all his family and friends.
Never knew you were a fellow Larches lad our kid 💪🤛

Meldrew's Ghost

Advisor to the Owner
This is a shock. I worked at Aerospace with Mark many years ago, both being union reps, and Labour Party members. A really good guy. He will be sadly missed.

Meldrew's Ghost

Advisor to the Owner
This is a shock. I worked at Aerospace with Mark many years ago, both being union reps, and Labour Party members. A really good guy. He will be sadly missed.

RIP Mark.

Meldrew's Ghost

Advisor to the Owner
Of course, I forgot that you were once a union rep....... the annual pay rise meetings at Guild Hall used to be a blast !!!
Being a union rep got me "black-listed" I believe. On the day I left our boss told me not to bother applying for any jobs with Aerospace in the future as I wouldn't get back in. He was smiling as he said it. So I told him not to worry; I wouldn't want to work somewhere where you got promoted by playing golf with one of the big bosses and marrying their daughter. His face went purple - I thought he was going to have a stroke! I just laughed and walked out of his office. 🤣

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Being a union rep got me "black-listed" I believe. On the day I left our boss told me not to bother applying for any jobs with Aerospace in the future as I wouldn't get back in. He was smiling as he said it. So I told him not to worry; I wouldn't want to work somewhere where you got promoted by playing golf with one of the big bosses and marrying their daughter. His face went purple - I thought he was going to have a stroke! I just laughed and walked out of his office. 🤣
They always said back in the day that if you wanted to be a manager at British Aerospace you had to be a Catholic and a member of Ashton and Lea golf....