PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

River Ribble about to burst.

AwBVyGXCIAAOqcy.jpg:large

Is that seawater ? There's a shell in it.

My office is about 400 yards past the petrol station, water lapping at the door, helped a few people on the opposite side of the road with mopping up. Lower Darwen is closed off to traffic.
Weve got high tide to come yet bill, theres going to be scenes of carnage by the morning.

Weve got high tide to come yet bill, theres going to be scenes of carnage by the morning.

I think Darwen is too far inland for that, the river that runs through Darwen goes into a culvert as it runs below street level, this bloody thing blocked up and your picture is the result. The water was about 3 feet deep down Blackburn road for about a mile, the sewage that will be left will only add to the general appeal of the fuckin place.
The fire and rescue said that this will only get worse as the rain water off the hills has still to reach us, new Tesco at Haslingden is closed due to flooding and the Haslingden Graine Road was a nightmare tonight.

I'm torn between feeling sorry for you lot and being happy it's not here again!

Flooding is fucking horrible. Some parts of Tewkesbury (the epicentre, basically) only dried out a year later. Lo and behold, we then got planning applications for the recently dried out bits.

When I sell my flat, i'm buying a house on stilts. Not this one though:

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co...-risk-thrown/story-16432802-detail/story.html

Well from looking at Twitter and listening to BBC Radio Lancashire, it seems like this flooding has only got worse and I've been told by friends in Walton-le-Dale that the Ribble and Darwen basically at the Capital Centre have burst their banks. Apparently the Ribble is hitting a new record high also?

Just out of interest hows that Flood Drain thing that they have been building since the last Preston Guild,hows it going on? Is it ready to Rock and Roll?

The river level at Walton-Le-Dale is 4.79 metres.

This measurement was recorded at 23:15 on 22/06/2012.

The typical river level range for this location is between 0.15 metres and 3.00 metres.

The highest river level recorded at this location is 4.61 metres and the river level reached 4.61 metres on 21/01/2008.